Stay safe in there

By herestowaiting - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Detroit

Today, I'm officially a week overdue. I went to the hospital, thinking I was in labor since I was in so much pain. Turns out it was just gas. The nurse couldn't hold back her look of pity as she told me this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 114
You deserved it 1 254

Top comments

A week overdue? Why haven't they induced you yet? I think you might need a new doctor.....

Well they told my sister she had gas and she was actually in labor. They wouldn't believe she was actually in labor until she said she had to push.

Comments

You might want to talk to your doctor about inducing soon! I went about a week and a half over with my first before inducing

I don't understand how this could be her fault, she clearly didn't know it was just gas, I'm sure any pregnant woman would have done that for the safety of their baby!

No where in OP's post has implied that it was OP's fault...

If it makes you feel any better, my mom was a full month overdue with me.

It sounds like your soul cat is Starling from Tinykittens. She was a pregnant feral that was brought in to treat her foot. Tinykittens livestreams their pregnant mammas from intake to adoption. You get to watch the labor live. Well Starling took a long time to have hers and she was a pretty gassy cat. The livestream would crack up with each fart. She is still a bit gassy. You can watch her kittens live at tinykittens.com/starling hopefully, you'll have not too much longer to go. I hope you'll enjoy your new child when you finally pop!

I just went to the site the kittens are adorable an mom looks tired lol

Of course she's tired, she had 7 babies! Thanks for checking them out though

As a mother of 4, I feel for you so much. I was huge and don't think I could have gone overdue. I hope your baby is healthy and beautiful and you get to hold them very soon!

Congratulations on the birth! You can't really blame the hospital for the mixup. If the contractions are too far apart or too small, there's no way to register them. And a gas pocket hurts immensely if trapped, which happens frequently enough in the last few weeks of pregnancy that it was the apparent solution. I'm also sure the nurse's look of pity was either knowing how much disappointment that probably was, or sympathy. Or both.

Yeah, she did tell me the next day she felt bad for sending me home. But there was nothing they could have done for me at the time. Sucked really bad, but it was unavoidable I suppose. It made me feel crazy. She was super excited to see the baby when she saw me again, at least! Lol

That's when you call your OB/GYN and tell them it's time. I completely understand as I was sent home on an ambien and back within 4 hours!!!

OP here, 2 days later I had the baby. It all went well and I have a beautiful little girl named Jessica. Thank you for all the support :)