So close, but yet so far

By socks - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to explain to a woman I didn't know that my husband was killed overseas. She replied, "I know exactly how you feel, my dog died last month." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 603
You deserved it 3 422

Top comments

I know how she feels, yesterday I couldn't find my shoes.

Nico_Belic 0

Some people just don't know what they're saying.

Comments

I am so sorry for your loss... Speaking as someone who lost my fiance overseas... People will say CRAZY things to try and relate. From the bottom of my heart though, i am sorry for your loss.

Brooding99 15

Sorry to hear that OP, some of us actually know how it feels to lose someone in the sandbox.

j_ortiz27 7

How can anyone say that YDI? Idiots.

Dude, your picture is really disturbing... just sayin'

Bree12345 15
fthislyfe 22

Maybe she loved her dog more than her husband.

BellaBelle_fml 23

Losing a family pet is a sad thing. But no where near as sad or tragic as losing a husband overseas, who was probably fighting for our country's freedom. There is just no comparing the two.

ikickgingers 15

25 - thank you for saying that, I would not have been so nice. I was thinking more along the lines of "**** you dumb ****". (to 19)

Since when has your country not been free?

I've lost a dog and an uncle. I cried for years about the dog, and the uncle not so much. Some people handle loss differently.

xXT9Xx 0
FunwithBumperCar 0

Could've been food poisoning you'd never know. But losing any family member is much more traumatic than losing a pet.

Buttsexpirate 9

"No, you do not know exactly how I feel." Sorry for your loss OP

perdix 29

Sorry for your loss. It is not a good time to have to encounter a dog-******. Did she smell like peanut butter?

Great Nip/Tuck reference. That episode was sickening.

leochow9 4

I would hv beat the shit out of her if I were you.

Alexunited1212 2

Oh, because that will make things so much better. I am pretty sure she meant it in the nicest way possible, not to piss anyone off and/or start a brawl.