Safe as houses

By chucklesman96 - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Canada - Westerose

Today, I got shot in the leg while taking a firearms safety course. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 865
You deserved it 1 362

Top comments

The big question is, were you shot by a classmate, the teacher, or yourself? The level of fml rises exponentially in that order.

mermaidkeels 26

They were trying to teach what NOT to do, you just happen to be the not-so-lucky participant. I'm sure everyone learned a valuable lesson on gun safety that day.

Comments

"Yeah I got shot by a 9 foot grizzly with a 45 magnum in a bar fight on fire"

It's a gun safety course, so probably 9mm.

GreenReaper 13

Actually, most safety and basic training classes use .22 LR, not 9mm. It is a much smaller round with almost no recoil, so good for first time shooters. It is also much cheaper. 9mm costs $15-20 per 50 rounds of range ammo. I've bought 500 round boxes of the same brand/quality .22 LR for about $30.

Obviously pretty low. High-caliber gun safety courses don't allow their students to get shot.

Taco The Dank 27

Doesn't mean accidents don't or won't happen, Richard.

Accidents happen, Richard. I was just curious as to what caliber he got shot with because I've been shot with .22LR in my right calf, not a fun experience.

mermaidkeels 26

They were trying to teach what NOT to do, you just happen to be the not-so-lucky participant. I'm sure everyone learned a valuable lesson on gun safety that day.

ber4fun 23

Well hopefully after you pass the course this won't happen again.

Taco The Dank 27

It would be a pretty dick move to just say "sorry", especially when it meant whoever was handling the gun was handling it at the wrong time or the wrong way. In training classes I've taken, you only aim and shoot in one direction/area, but it also depends on the gun they were working with.

Is your name Jim Carrey? It's Jim Carrey isn't it?

The big question is, were you shot by a classmate, the teacher, or yourself? The level of fml rises exponentially in that order.

Given the passive tone used here ("I got shot" vs "someone shot me"), it's probably a fair assumption that they accidentally shot themselves.

I would like to believe that it's all of the above

Essayon 8

Killbot 1: "We're gonna get fired." Killbot 2: "SOMEONE SAID FIRE!"

sounds like a sketchy course considering i just did mine in Alberta and all the guns in my course were modified to not fire and all the bullets were duds