Prevention

By CalyenaL - 13/05/2012 01:35 - Mexico - Tijuana

Today, I'm found out I'm pregnant. My husband and I spoke at length about how we were going to handle things, which included him "forbidding" me from having an epidural, because he doesn't want our baby to "come out addicted to drugs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 786
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He will change his mind when you break his hand going into labor.

He's not the one pushing a baby out of his vag. Tell him it's your choice. And, sometimes doctors really want people to get them, so that they don't pass out from pain.

Comments

Being a mom myself I would tell him to screw. The epidural does not do anything to the baby. You shouldn't have to be in pain during the birth of your children.

Quick question. Are you married to a retarded fellow?

jillybee101 7

What the ****. I isn't his ******* decision. It's yours. If he wants to push a 7-8 pounds screaming purple thing from a hole about the size of a bottle cap without drugs, by all means let him. But if not, he needs to shut the **** up.

He's kinda dumb. But at least he wants the baby.

crazy4books23 13

It's your choice since YOU'RE the one actually having the baby. Make that VERY clear to your husband.

I was more scared of the epidural needle than giving birth without one. Its scary big! And i'm a bit of a wuss...

luckyd880 12

Well if your a wuss then whats the alternative to a needle (that you don't even see go in)? Well...its to have excruciating pain from contractions and pushing. So...you have fun with that.... But I would suggest getting the epidural, it helps "wuss"s like you get through the hardest thing you will ever do. And there's no shame in taking the medicine.

mydocs 2

Just have a C section - epidural mandatory. The proponents of epidurals cannot really argue with taking advantage of the best that medical science has to offer. Also - you set the date and the baby comes out without a conehead :)

ROFL - c-section is not best for the baby. Also, I know many non c-section births where babies have not come out with cone heads. My two included amongst many many others.

mydocs 2

Well if we are talking what's best for baby then maybe the husband is right

marisadc79 0

He gets to make that decision when he delivers the baby himself trust me you want the epidural the baby gets no effect from it

Your body your rules. Good luck. Don't let him forbid you. He has no right. Besides. At the hospital, they ask the mother who is screaming in pain if she wants the epidural, not the father.