Party pooper

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had a bunch of friends over for a party. My mom came stumbling into my room, crying about how she was officially menopausal, and that I was going to "die an only child." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 829
You deserved it 2 381

Top comments

Menopause makes women crazy, try to avoid your mother as much as possible for the next few years.

Comments

yougotapes 7
yamatelle 19

My friend's mum is going through menopause. I was over to her house and this woman was crying because she didn't have enough cheese in her pizza. She called Domino's and cursed them out with every curse word in the English dictionary; Talk about an awkward moment. We (women) are just screwed, aren't we? If it's not cramps., heavy bleeding, and PMS, it's menopause with an emotional roller coaster that causes us to cry because of cheese. Why, God? WHY?!

cali_dude 5

I'm gonna die an only child too. No worries. Besides, that means no more protection needed. Bitch be trippin.

okiidokii_fml 6

Awkward silence... A gay baby is born

Anai08 17

Is it just awkward? Did no one else find that sad? Obviously OP's Mom has been trying to have another child for a long time, who knows all the struggles (fertility treatments, miscarriages, etc.) she's gone through? Is she really that crazy for grieving for that other child she's always wanted?

I don't get why she would do it on front of your friends.... that must have been really awkward. Sorry OP!

Since you're not gonna have any siblings, get to breeding so you can pass on the family name/heirlooms/legacy :]

RawrNom 0

if she's having a party in her bedroom, I think she's a little young for breeding :/ besides being an only child is awesome.

Full grown women can have parties in their bedrooms. However, the technical term is a "cook-in" since they live in the kitchen.

The FML never said the party was in the bedroom, to me it sounds like your the own implying she should breed.

Wolveslikepie 4

She said "my room" which generally implies their bedroom

nancy520xd 0

That must've been very entertaining to see.

Menopause makes women crazy, try to avoid your mother as much as possible for the next few years.

Menopause is rough. It's selfish to avoid your mother through it. She needs familial support.

rebekahah 7

There's always that one FML commenter that has kill the joking mood.

K_kanaka 26

Hey now you guys have something to talk about at the party :D.

ash_momi 0

Hey kanaka I know u lol Keaukaha bound lol

palahniukpaul 6
PunkSk8ter 0

it's like real live version and cartoon version ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^,^

This is only the beginning of the hellish roller coaster ride of living with a menopausal mother. I wish you luck!

Nothing wrong with dying an only child. I worked very hard to maintain my only child status... heh heh heh.

evanedwards85 6

sometimes i like hiding in bushes and make cat noises

ifailplzinsultme 0

Sometimes I climb into a brown sack and scream potato.

Sometimes I beat up people who post "I like turtle's" comment's.

sometimes i lay in bed and pretend im a carrot.

ifailplzinsultme 0

I like tur..... OH SHIT! *runs*

GlitteryMasakali 1

I like turtles because they’re so chill. They don’t hurt anyone. They’re just like, “Hey man, Im a turtle. I want to swim , and maybe eat some lettuce. But I’m gonna take my time getting there, I’m not in a rush. Because I’m a turtle..