No one wants to work, huh?

By pizzadaddy - 19/04/2023 10:00

Today, just like every day, I have not gotten a single call back or email regarding a job interview since 2020. I can't even get a part-time job at McDonald's. Why? No one wants to hire someone with 10 years of experience as a manager for entry-level jobs, and no one is hiring managers from outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 864
You deserved it 106

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why aren't going for management positions? Were you a Horrible Boss? To get an entry-level job, you'll have to lie on your résumé. Scrub the management positions and say a coma explains your 10-year gap.

Comments

Why aren't going for management positions? Were you a Horrible Boss? To get an entry-level job, you'll have to lie on your résumé. Scrub the management positions and say a coma explains your 10-year gap.

Better dumb down your resume and tell the truth at the interview. When they ask you why you want a job flipping burger, tell them you hope to be promoted to manager in a short period of time, as you already have the experience. If they ask why you didn't interview for a management position, counter with "so you have a manager position available? I'll take it!"

get professional help writing your resume. chances are it's something wrong with the resume. I'm horrible at writing them, I can't do it myself

If you’re looking for every-level, Best Buy, some might actually have supervisor reqs open. But like everyone said above Walgreens and CVS always looking for leadership (shift leads on up)

That seems odd, most company I've worked for prefer external hiring and experience is king. I think you really need to look at what your doing, and get some coaching.