Guinea pig

By Troy - 03/04/2009 18:40 - United States

Today, I filled out a political survey for a psychology experiment. A really cute girl was doing it, too. We hit it off and flirted through the surveys, and I asked her out when it was done. Then I found out it was really an attraction experiment and she was in on it. She was acting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 880
You deserved it 7 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vball6 19

It was a psychology experiment.. Yes, yes you do..

#5 - you need to take a psych class or two. There are plenty of experiments done on humans influencing their emotions all the time. OP - don't feel bad. Experiments like this are done all the time. It happens to a lot of guys.

Comments

may_cause_fail 0

Hey, you're helping them out! There's nothing wrong with that. :]

I would have horked on her for that. She can put that in her results. "Today I conducted a human emotions experiment. I led this guy on, he asked me out. I told him this was an act and he horked in my eye."

I hope you realize she was probably just being paid to act in someone else's experiment. Experiments like this need to be approved by ethics committees.

adelaide_evening 0

Look on the bright side: at least you weren't in the control group with the ugly girl.

Wow. Do these things still happen? o_o man if this happened to me I would rage so hard.

hahaha #13 very true we'll see an fml about that later, i'm sure

adelaide_evening 0

Actually, I don't think these things do happen anymore. I call this a fake. You aren't allowed to mess with a person's emotions during an experiment, and you have to tell them what the experiment is about beforehand. At the very least they would have had to of told him that the experiment was over attraction, not politics.

KingHumanity 0

Fail. You will never get a result anywhere close to the real thing if you tell your subjects what you are up to. Studies like this are done all the time, grow up, stop being a china doll. FYL OP, I understand the humiliation.

It's not all that bad. Just remember, this probably happened to a ton of guys.

I think a lot of those are done today. what is up with the replies? You can't have useful results out of a psychology experiment if you tell all the details to the participants.

17 that makes no sense, if they told him what the experiment was it would be pointless. he willingly signed up for a psychology experiment of course it was going to involve some manipulation.