Good boy

By wtfkasey - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - Canada - Dundas

Today, I walked in on a raccoon viciously tearing apart a giant bag of dog food, not five feet away from my sleeping dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 760
You deserved it 2 054

Top comments

At least the raccoon didn't attack your dog

It's all part of the Raccoon Mob's plan. Tranquilize the dog, steal the food, and sell it at a profit. Just wait until they start working the rest of the neighborhood. Only small time gangs go for trash cans.

Comments

Wow, some "guard" dog, but honestly not I cannot say it's a really bad thing. I used to have two German Shepherds that wanted to bite anything at or near the door, pain in the neck when it came to friends. Two, raccoons can be really nasty animals that can hurt dogs. Clarification, was this occurring outside on like a deck or in a garage, otherwise, YDI for leaving a door to your house open.

Your fog must have a pretty chill-life to be able to sleep that peacefully and that deeply. Congrats on being a good dog owner, Bummer that you lost the dog food.

that's the nicest response I've ever seen on here! thanks for making my morning :-)

Congratulations, you have a new dog. Just step away slowly..

Maybe he's just letting the coon open the bag for him.

Why would your dog do anything about it? Free, easy-acess, anytime food for him if the raccoon succeeds.

I'm quite curious as to why the dog was asleep, since I would think dogs would be able to smell it's presence easily enough, did you dog have some kind of operation? Neutered? Blood donations? If so, yes, that could make your dog quite giddy and sleepy. Especially depending on where you live. Also depends on what size of dog. I'm guessing your dog is a big-ish dog because of the way your outstanding about how it doesn't growl and chase away the raccoon. It's a very big possibility that your dog's just tired, tho. Llngbwalks can often make dogs really tired, especially in the day as they can't recover for the night so easily. It could also just be quite a lazy dog. Maybe you have a breed such as a dopey one? If so, I'm cancelling out Doberman and Rottweiler. German Shepherd is out for my guess too. not a sheep dog. Maybe a retired not too old not too young grey hound? Anyway, hopefully you are able to get some more food easy enough. Hooe the raccoon didn't Hurr the dog on the end. Sorry for the long post. :)

......... Or maybe the dog just doesn't give a shit?

Xobubblyxo 23

Congrats- that's a good guard dog you've got there!

maybe it's time to have a guard raccon.

mds9986 24

Sly cooper is really going up in the world.

I'd rather not mess with the racoon either.