Einstürzende Neubauten

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff

Today, the two government buildings on either side of my apartment both started renovations. It will be about two months of constant banging as they cut and put up the steel on both sites. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 933
You deserved it 313

Top comments

Then you move out, unable to deal with the noise. You’re followed by the other tenants of the building, so the landlord decides renovations might be a good way to attract new renters. And the cycle repeats. Endlessly.

exileonmainst 16

And then the flats above and below you get rented out to newly wed couples and you’ll have two months of completely different constant banging.

Comments

Then you move out, unable to deal with the noise. You’re followed by the other tenants of the building, so the landlord decides renovations might be a good way to attract new renters. And the cycle repeats. Endlessly.

exileonmainst 16

And then the flats above and below you get rented out to newly wed couples and you’ll have two months of completely different constant banging.

dude I spent two years (weekdays, some saturdays) listening to a new apartment building being built across the street from mine, then the spring before it was supposed to open it caught fire and had to be taken down. I know the construction noise pain.

kind of similar thing happened across the street from me but a house was almost done and someone lit it on fire. this happened two more times before they gave up and the following year, a car lost control and landed on the site where the house would have been.

I don't really think there's anything you can do. Hopefully your at work during the day so you miss most of the noise. The only good thing is that you will never be late for work again

At least it will be done at once, rather than 2 months of one side and 2 of the other. That would be worse.

Those buildings aren't owned by the government, as the only thing the government does is grow old and 'Like' PornHub videos.