Creep from the past

By annoyed - 19/12/2009 05:52 - United States

Today, I received a phone call from a good guy friend of mine, someone I haven't seen for years. He tells me he has "deep" feelings for me, and wants to know since my husband is deployed, if it would be okay if we "dated" because he told his parents I'm his girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 135
You deserved it 2 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JackDupp 11

When your husband comes back from deployment he and his military buddies should go have a little "chat" with him.

tell him to get a life!! Do not cheat on your husband!!!

Comments

"What's wrong with having a fling on the side anyway?" It's called CHEATING. Her husband is deployed, not dead or cheating on her so it's wrong. Just tell the guy that you're not interested because you still love your husband very much. Also say it was wrong for him to lie to his family and, now he has to tell them the truth.

she probably has already been dating him and wants opinons about it.

Pfft , yeah right! i would tell him to btfo!

if I got cheated on while in deployment, I wouldn't be a happy guy. let's just say someone would be paid a visit by both my baseball bat and I. cheating is one of the ultimate sins for me

i totally 100% agree! i would be i prison for life if that ever happened to me with two counts of murder.

If that happened to me, they would have to consider themselves extremely blessed if it was only my bat.

go along with it, then "dump" his crazy desperate ass in front of his parents.

don't go along with it. Flat out tell him a) you're married, b) you won't tolerate him telling people lies even if it is his family because next he'll be giving you a ring, c) he needs to get help and that by doing this he's jeopardizing your friendship, d) if he refuses to be honest with himself and his parents, you should tell his parents that he's nuts, and finally e) if he is still acting crazy and won't leave you alone you should tell your husband everything that has happened, everything that you've done to make this man see that you are not interested, and discuss the possibility of changing your phone number and any other means this man has of contacting you.

Kindly remind your friend that your husband is enlisted.

perstephane 4

Clearly you should tell him no. However, I do know a woman whose husband explicitly informed her that she could date while he was deployed. Her boyfriend is even going to be running a DnD campaign for her husband and his friends when the husband gets back. It's ridiculously messed up.

Nothing wrong with open relationships and polyamory between consenting adults. Spread the love and stay safe.

ydi for thinking a guy just wants to be "friends"