Classic

By Anonymous - 09/05/2013 07:35 - United States - Norfolk

Today, I was laid off from my job as a manager. After cleaning out my office, I began clearing my computer. I received an email from HR announcing a job position that opened up. Too bad it was for my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 329
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd reapply for the position just to mess with them.

perdix 29

Actually, if you were "laid off" legitimately, you have the right to that job. Now, are you sure you were laid off, or were you really fired? If you were laid off, I'll bet the new job is at a lower pay grade so they can get someone to do your job more cheaply. Corporate America sucks.

Comments

I would talk to an attorney if I were you. If the new job position retains the exact same qualifications and salary as your former job, then you should be liable to damages as there was no reason for the layoff.

asliceoflife 11

Ouch, way to add insult to injury, hope you have luck finding a new job.

I'm sorry, but this comment was already used by #1. Perhaps you'd like to try again?

you were fired so of course they were going to hire someone else who they will most likely pay a smaller salary to save money, unless you just weren't that good. They should have the decency to take you of the email list though. good luck.

NereidAlbel 14

"Laid off" and "fired" are two different things.

My mistake, but my comment still stands just disregard the part where i said if he was bad at his job. Thanks for the correction.

Corporations don't give a damn about the individual.

TheDrifter 23

Corporations are individuals, however many of them make up the board of directors. The fact that a majority of their workers possess no skills that they find worthy of compassion is a separate matter from the tax structure of their businesses.

Corporations are people, my friend. Corporations are people.... Oh, wait, well, they're like people who are obscenely rich, don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, and create fortunes for themselves while draining and destroying the resources and people who are stuck working for them...

Well at least they laid you off instead of firing you because at least now you get unemployment.

olpally 32

I'd break the computer right in front of HR... Go "office space" on that.

Make sure to have really angry rap playing on the radio while you're wrecking it with a Slugger.

I was under the impression that if a particular position is 'laid' off then a company would not be able to hire for that same position anytime soon. Keep your eye on the company and sue.

C'mon OP, have some pride! Do you really want to work at a place that doesn't want you there? Hold your head high and do the walk of shame out of there! Don't let them see your tears, go forward with your life! You deserve better than this!