Ceasefire now!

By Anonymous - 14/01/2022 21:01 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, I had to attend a telephone hearing with my landlord, regarding debt and other things. I spent two weeks getting my defence ready. I was prepared and had so much against him. He dropped all complaints but the debt. I had proof it should be reduced or reassessed. He still won and I can’t afford the payments. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 124
You deserved it 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

randybryant799 20

Is this the rent you owe this man? It seems fair that he should get paid.

Maybe you ought to get Doctor Nelson to give you some ******' herbs to give your landlord diarrhea or rickets.

Comments

Maybe you ought to get Doctor Nelson to give you some ******' herbs to give your landlord diarrhea or rickets.

randybryant799 20

Is this the rent you owe this man? It seems fair that he should get paid.

OP is being overcharged in rent and you're okay with that? Okay, landlord.

rotflqtms_ 21

I'm not a landlord, but if you agree to pay a certain amount to live somewhere then later decide you don't want to pay that, you should leave. If the landlord raises rent and you disagree, try to fight it while you look at other places to rent. I don't believe that people should be allowed to stay in somebody else's house for free while that person still has to pay mortgage and keep the house in a livable condition while getting paid nothing for it. If the government wants to freeze evictions, they really should make it easier for landlords to get paid. I did not take advantage of that moratorium. I pay my rent and have never missed a payment. I started working as a nurse DURING covid. I've never known a "normal" patient load, just unsafe numbers. I still get up and go to work every day though and pay my bills. I still haven't taken unemployment or anything, but I'm not a landlord, but I see where they're coming from... especially for those who only have 1 home and are trying to rent out that home to buy a 2nd one. It must suck for them to be homeless while someone lives in their home for free and STILL have to pay the mortgage monthly. If OP owes back rent... they deserve it. You can't get everything for free.

OfficialMrD 3

Dont rent a place you cant afford. He can charge whatever the hell he wants