Awkward stares all round

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Southfield

Today, I found out it's possible to dislocate your jaw just by yawning. Now I'm in the ER, looking like a total psycho. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 921
You deserved it 1 458

Top comments

ninjamadi 16

I'm imaging you look like you're possessed. sorry op! Hopefully it didn't hurt too much to get it put back in place

Too bad it's not Halloween. Joking aside, I hope it didn't hurt that bad to relocate it. That's always been a big fear of mine, so that sucks.

Comments

Did your jaw dislocate? Otherwise no one cares.

I yawned reading this and then yawned again reading your comment.

ninjamadi 16

I'm imaging you look like you're possessed. sorry op! Hopefully it didn't hurt too much to get it put back in place

Me too. Though I have some experience with this and I can say YES IT HURTS. I actually fractured several bones in addition to dislocation mine though so hopefully OP isn't as bad off as I was.

Put your hands on the side of your face and just say you're practicing for your Home Alone costume for Halloween later this year.

Too bad it's not Halloween. Joking aside, I hope it didn't hurt that bad to relocate it. That's always been a big fear of mine, so that sucks.

RedCronos 17

Happens to my brother. Indeed **** your life

It's called TMJ and that has happened to me before so I feel ya

Sorry you had to experience that. My sister is having to get surgery for it. She has to stop during meals to pop and adjust her jaw all the time because it constantly locks. It sounds so painful.

holy crap that sounds gnarly. best of luck to your sister and OP

I hate that they call it that! Tmj is just the name of the joint.

dbt88 15

The full abbreviation is TMJD but that doesn't flow as well...

ambitiousnerd 16

I had that happen to me when I was 13. Took 9 months of PT and wearing mouth splints before I could fully close my mouth. Then again my case was severe. Hopefully yours isn't as bad.

Please follow this up with an update! Prayers to you OP for a fast recovery.

Definitely need more info, is it seized up in the open position so you look like something out of the mummy or is it unhinged completely and just flappin around? Hope they get your face back in order soon!