Unhappy New Year

By newyearstandup - 01/01/2015 11:56 - Australia

Today, I went on a first date, only for us to find the restaurant wasn't open on New Year's Day. My date suggested going to the mall instead. We drove in our own cars. Me: the mall, him: home. I waited for 40 minutes before realising he'd stood me up. Happy New Year to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 635
You deserved it 3 472

newyearstandup tells us more.

Thanks for the support guys. To answer some of your questions.... The mall was suggested by him as we figured it was the only place we knew 100% was open. I don't think he suggested a closed restaurant deliberately. In my city it's touch and go what will be open on public holidays. We knew exactly where to meet - where all the restaurants are at the mall. And I did call and message a couple of times but received nothing back. He also deleted me from the dating site we met on. So it was a clear ditch. He knew what I looked like beforehand so dunno what it was! And we basically just had a one minute conversation so doubt I could have pissed him off in that little amount of time! Very doubtful he was in an accident. Definitely dodged a bullet I think. Hopefully this doesn't set the tone for 2015!

Top comments

StormGirl142 24

**** him. He's a piece of shit for doing that.

Don't worry about it. Some people are assholes but you'll find a good guy that's actually worth ur time and you'll forget all about this :)

Comments

StormGirl142 24

**** him. He's a piece of shit for doing that.

or she went to a different mall or part of the food court. why didn't she call him?

I think this was a well planned ditch. meet at a closed cafe to check instagram vs. reality status, then suggest mall and run.

Don't worry about it. Some people are assholes but you'll find a good guy that's actually worth ur time and you'll forget all about this :)

BeautifulChaos27 37

He probably knew the restaurant would be closed too.

SalsaVerdeDonut 22

That's what I was thinking. Maybe it was a blind date and he chose to meet there so he could check OP out. Then decide to continue with the date or ditch if he didn't like OP.

So... your single.... mehehe. Jk your boyfriends a dick

Next time, read the FML properly before you comment

I assumed if someone stands you up on the first date you would no longer be dating someone

11 was arguing with your use of the word boyfriend I believe.

someone tell him that you go on dates before you start a relationship

25, there are some really odd cases where thats in reverse, and I'll testify to it. However, still, he wasnt op's bf

Unless you know for sure that he went home and stood you up, you shouldn't accuse him so quickly.

Thank you. when it turns out he was in a car wreck you will feel like shit.

Even if he didn't go home, he didn't go on his date, therefore, op was still stood up, unless something happened in the way, but I doubt that

#6 - Considering the fact that they both left for the same location at the same time and she was still waiting for him 40 minutes later, I think it would be pretty evident that he has stood her up and she isn't accusing him "so quickly".

xninix_fml 36

Damn that's ****** up. If he wasn't interested in you he should've just told you instead of standing you up. I'm sorry op that he did that, but your probably better off without him :)

Divergentlover 10

You don't need him anyway FYL

What a jerk. The only bright side is that you learned that he is a jerk right off the bat, not down the line in a relationship.