By I can't stand leg puns - 30/07/2018 18:08 - United Kingdom - Feltham

Today, while I was out for a walk, a little boy asked if he could try on my prosthetic leg. Being as nice as possible, knowing that he probably didn't understand, I told him no. He screamed and his mum coldly told me I'm a terrible person and should have let him try it on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 368
You deserved it 271

Top comments

ohsnapword 21

You're a monster. Don't you know it's common courtesy to allow other people to try on your horrendously expensive, custom made prosthetic?

Zekfen 17

That wasn’t really a boy and his mother, but Rocket and Groot in disguise. Good choice, you prevented it from being stolen!

Comments

Dragonmastergod 14

Looks like she doesn't know how it works either.

Mungolikecandy 19

Next time remember to take a hacksaw with you to remove his leg so he can try yours on!

If you can't take the jokes don't post it on fml.

OP’s follow up is the hidden comment. I read it last night. It was getting down voted a lot. It’s like an FML in an FML now.

I don't understand why I'm being downvoted in my own FML for talking about how much I hate my situation. That's the whole point of an FML!

You posted your story on a website which is basically a place for people to make light of their own misfortune. If you have read any of the comments on other FMLs you'll have seen that the users always make puns and jokes and try to join in on that. You even posted using a username which looks like a good-natured pun about your disability. Then having completely failed to read the room, you attacked the people who commented for treating you exactly the same as they treat everyone else. Yeah, of course you are getting downvoted. There are places on the Internet where you can tell people stories like yours and not get puns back. This isn't one of them. The main point of this site is to make people laugh, even if it is at themselves. The whole idea is for us to laugh with you, not at you.

The part you missed is that this is a humour website.

Yup people are disrespectful douchebags, but ya should tell people to go stand in the street and get there leg ripped off or ya could go with the Crocodile Dundee and whip out a giant knife and say hold on I gotta cut off ur leg hahaha😃😃

doomsdayaddams 6

Oh, that child is going to grow up to be a rare treasure, I am sure.

samomaha 17

OP, be proud, because you did the right thing. It's just too bad that this child and his mother are entitled little snowflakes. They both need to learn manners.

saffy66 34

Agree. People with attitudes like that should not be allowed to breed.

My comment got buried with OP’s response. So I’ll put it back here: Your user name is I can’t STAND leg puns. You had this shit coming.

You should have taken it off & beaten her with it.

You should have taken it off & beaten her with it.