By JamiesMom - 13/05/2013 04:29 - United States - Trenton

Today, our cat died. My five-year-old tried to flush him down the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 913
You deserved it 5 158

JamiesMom tells us more.

JamiesMom 10

Op here(: My son Jamie is a boy, our cat was too. I got him 8 years ago as a 1st anniversary gift from my husband. Aladdin(Cat's name) was already dead when our son tried to flush him, and Yes we've had many fish before. I hope that answers everyone's questions.

Top comments

Comments

Wow. That's horrible, while at the same time kind of cute in that he didn't know any better. I'm very sorry for the loss of your pet and wish you all the best, especially your son, in the future.

How depressing... I'd be so upset if my little brother or whatever tried to flush my already dead 8 year old companion. :c I'm sorry.

You should flush that bastard down the drain too. Fun fact, most serial killers start out harming animals

#75, the cat was already dead when the kid tried to flush it down the toilet, and he only did it because he thought you were meant to flush all dead animals down the toilet (like you do with fish; they'd had plenty of fish before). If you'd bothered to scroll up and read the OP's comments, you wouldn't have put your foot in your mouth. Try harder next time.

If you've ever had a fish before his reasoning would make sense especially since they've had plenty of fish. His thoughts were probably if an animal dies, flush it down the toilet. He's 5 he wouldn't know any better.

PiNkMoOn 9

at least he tried to get rid of the body,such a helpful boy

Elfses 10

At least you know you have a responsible child?

lilbitrocks 4

So sorry about your cat. Mine died a few months ago, and it's still hard to deal with. At least your kid knows what to do when a fish dies, and I'm sure he knows not to flush a cat now.

He obviously isn't a genius teach him things