This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By booboo300 - 09/01/2019 00:00

Today, my parents eagerly showed me kittens on the internet because they think buying a kitten will help me feel better after the guy I’m in love with broke up with me. When I said it wasn’t going to fix me, my mom suggested a puppy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 753
You deserved it 181

Top comments

slimthundah 5

Well at least they’re trying something, and having an animal does wonders for emotional recovery

Puppies are cute and cuddly. Go for it! Your heart will be broken, but it will heal with a little puppy.

Comments

slimthundah 5

Well at least they’re trying something, and having an animal does wonders for emotional recovery

Puppies are cute and cuddly. Go for it! Your heart will be broken, but it will heal with a little puppy.

talt 8

Am I the only one who considered ydi cause she sounds like an ungrateful brat?

manb91uk 22

At least they're trying... Personally, I think a pet might help with the loneliness a little...

EveryDisaster 11

My mother yelled at me once when my boyfriend broke up with me. You are seriously blessed I wish I had such wonderful parents as yours

TxKitten79 10

I'm sorry you are hurting, but at least your parents care. And honestly, it may be a good idea. Decide which one you want, tell your parents, and thank them for loving you and for being emotionally supportive of you.

IrieStorm 9

At least they're trying, and honestly, it probably would help.

When going through such a rough time, it is important to take the time to heal, but it is also important to not lose yourself. Having a companion who will love you regardless of who you are, how you look, etc, can help. Sometimes a distraction is just the thing you need to take your mind off things.

Actually, a pet can be extremely helpful in dealing with the pain of a break up. When I left my ex, I spiraled into a deep depression. My mom adopted a dog for me. Once you have a creature in your life that loves you regardless of anything else going on, it's easier to put your break up into perspective. You might even realize that you're better off without that guy. After all, if he loved you the same way you loved him, you would be together. But he doesn't, so you're not, and it's better to be alone than with someone who doesn't want you 100%.