This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 11/06/2016 03:26 - United States - Osceola

Today, my ex wife had her 5th child at 44 years old. 22 years ago I got a vacectomy because after our 4th kid the Dr told her she shouldn't have anymore kids. My new wife would have loved to have another child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 472
You deserved it 49

Top comments

Unlucky1232 20

so.... reverse the veceptamy. Is there a detail im missing or something? they can be reversed

Reversal of a vasectomy is indeed a procedure that can be done, but after 22 years, it could be impossible to produce offspring because of the decrease in amount/quality of viable sperm that takes place after that system is essentially shut off.

Comments

I don't think you understand what happens in a vasectomy...

Actually she's right, they can be reversed

Unlucky1232 20

so.... reverse the veceptamy. Is there a detail im missing or something? they can be reversed

DeadxManxWalking 27

you can't reverse a vasectomy! you could adopt?

Unlucky1232 20

yes you can. A veceptamy is a reversible process.

Reversal of a vasectomy is indeed a procedure that can be done, but after 22 years, it could be impossible to produce offspring because of the decrease in amount/quality of viable sperm that takes place after that system is essentially shut off.

Unlucky1232 20

ah. an actual scientific reason. thank you. in that case.... **** thats depressing

Don't many places store sperm samples before performing a vasectomy in case you change your mind?

TheCutestLizard 28

Why are you mad at your ex? It's not her fault you agreed to a vasectomy.

I think the logic here is that the man is upset because he got the vasectomy because his wife, who shouldn't have more children, refused to use BC. They later divorced, and he got married to his new wife, who has a child from an earlier marriage, they would have liked another child, but OP's fertility is low due to the time since the procedure. Meanwhile, OP's exwife presumably endangered her life and that of the fetus' by getting pregnant. I think it's less anger, and more bitterness, basically.

well, maybe you could look into some donor sperm that resembles you? they give out information on hair color height and such from the donor.

zeffra13 31

She had 4 kids by age 22? If at 22 she wasn't healthy enough to have another kid, I'm amazed she could have one at 44.