By Jobdubai - 28/03/2013 02:41 - United Arab Emirates - Dubai

Today, it was my last day working at my company. The whole staff was summoned to a meeting, but I didn't see the point of going, so I left discreetly. I “discreetly” missed the surprise party that my colleagues had organized for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 348
You deserved it 947

Top comments

"Hey, she's leaving before her party starts! I'm going to tell—" "No, no, let her go; leaving work early is gift enough for anyone."

Well this is completely your own fault. I mean, it was your last day, you couldn't stick it out and wait until the end of the day to leave? Even if the party wasn't planned or wasn't for you, saying good bye to everyone at the end of the day would be polite.

Comments

"Hey, she's leaving before her party starts! I'm going to tell—" "No, no, let her go; leaving work early is gift enough for anyone."

It's no big deal. In all likelihood there was one or two people who wanted to send you off while the rest were there for the cake. On average, the consensus will be "hey, more cake!"

Well this is completely your own fault. I mean, it was your last day, you couldn't stick it out and wait until the end of the day to leave? Even if the party wasn't planned or wasn't for you, saying good bye to everyone at the end of the day would be polite.

ydi. you should have seen that coming. i mean most workplaces do that

Goblin182 26

YDI, you should have seen that coming

Nice work ethic even though it was your last day. Just imagine the feelings of all those who put time, effort and money into YOUR surprise party.

Not even just the party, she obviously had a close enough relationship with these people for them to throw her a surprise party, but she didn't even bother to day goodbye to them on her last day? Charming.

Punkpoptart1119 20

I hit both YDI and FYL. Work meetings are always important, even if you don't see the point in it, management may be changing something or an update of your system may be coming. I've sat through many meetings that I didn't want to sit through, but it always had a good outcome. Sorry, OP.

I think the reason they didn't see the point in going was because it was their last day, and so figured there wouldn't be anything they needed to know. Though, there is a chance that it would have helped the business, in case there was any information this person had that the company needed...

FarmerGirl420 11

You definitely deserve this. that's so rude of you. hope they enjoyed your cake without you.

YDI. Even if it's your last day it's still a day of work. Even if there wasn't a party you should've gone.