By anonymous - 04/06/2014 05:07 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, in the fitting rooms at work, a 10-year-old kid threw a coat-hanger directly at my face. The kid's father didn't apologise on his behalf, but instead congratulated him on what he called "a wicked shot". FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 010
You deserved it 4 365

GoldenButtNugget tells us more.

No. No offense, I completely agree that that guy should be a better father and have handled that situation a lot differently, but you do not kick a man in his genitals unless it is self defense when he is attempting to harm you. The sheer pain alone is indescribable, as if someone is pulling out your soul, but the risk of permanent damage is what disgusts me about people who just leisurely decide to kick men in their genitals, it's almost as brutal as saying, "hey just punch her in the crotch really hard," no big deal right??? Like I said I agree the situation could have been handled better but the ONLY situation in which a man deserves ANY attempted harm to his genitals is when it is out of self defense when he is Really trying to harm you. This has to stop, I almost had irreversible damage to my testicles because two assholes decided it would be funny to kick me in my genitals, one a man and one a woman, and I might not have been able to have children ever, which is one of my dreams because I want to be an amazing father and create a life that I can support and help change the world if they want to, and I almost lost that just because two assholes wanted to kick me in the genitals, and no I was not doing anything threatening. This has to stop, people need to realize this is a serious problem, along with many others that there is not a long enough comment to talk about but I felt I needed to address this. I posted this just above but I wanted to make sure you two idiots get it too.

Top comments

And when the kid gets older and starts doing the same shit to his dad, the dad will wonder what went wrong.

Pandaboy876 14

I would have thrown the coat hanger back and said "wicked shot" just to see if the dad's reaction was still the same as before.

Comments

Sounds like an entirely reasonable reason to have them banned from the store.

You should report this to your manager

And a new little asshole has been created.

notorious_me 13

No you are totally wrong and unjustified. Corporeal punishment shall never be used to a child. But for his father.... That is a whole different story...

Fusion_Fear 14

I guess you shouldn't hang around them.

Couldn't you duck or block it? Or was it that hard to avoid? If so it had to be at point blank range...

RedPillSucks 31

Fitting rooms aren't much bigger than some closets, so chances are the kid was pretty close. And even if he wasn't, the point of the FML was that the father didn't correct/discipline the kid. It really didn't matter whether OP was hit with the hanger or not.

Why is corporeal punishment not allowed? Should OP wait 80 or 90 years until the little bastard dies of natural causes and then call the Ghostbusters to dish out some kind of spectral punishment??

I would have defiantly been okay with getting fired for throwing the hanger back at that little ***** face. Lol

If it were one of my kids. They would have had their ass handed to them. That kid learned to be a douche from his father apparently.

Same here. And my parents would have kicked my ass and grounded me for eternity if I had tried to pull a stunt like that in a store as a kid!

I'm sorry that happened. It sucks sometimes to be in retail especially when the customers treat us like furniture. Hang in there and you can tell your manager they should be able to do something on your behalf. It's your domain and you have rights too.