This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Paracelcus - 15/11/2017 04:00 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I went on a blind date, and my best friend came along as emotional support. It was 20 minutes before she realised that my friend was in fact not her intended date. When I left a few minutes later they were both getting drinks and exchanging numbers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 338
You deserved it 2 659

Top comments

If you're not emotionally ready to go one a date alone, you probably shouldn't be dating until you're comfortable. Bringing somebody to a date is really odd even if both parties agree. Your friend should have sat at another table to avoid confusion so I say YDI.

Third wheel as emotional support? Is that even a thing? I don't know why you would even agree to that.

Comments

Third wheel as emotional support? Is that even a thing? I don't know why you would even agree to that.

If you're not emotionally ready to go one a date alone, you probably shouldn't be dating until you're comfortable. Bringing somebody to a date is really odd even if both parties agree. Your friend should have sat at another table to avoid confusion so I say YDI.

If you bring another dude with you, she won’t think it’s a date, she’ll think your setting up a threesome. Threesomes fall apart when she realizes one of the guys is a limp dick.

Well, that was a ******* retarded move. I'm not sure what exactly you thought would happen, to be honest.

Lobby_Bee 17

Pro tip, don't bring your friend bring your mother instead. No chance of this happening with your mom.

Or is there a chance. Mom might make a move ha ha ha. Threesome even lmfao

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

You don't have the balls to show up alone? You don't get the girl. YDI

Why do you need emotional support on a blind date? Are you depressed about it?

TeachAllTheMath 19

I’m sorry that happened, don’t give up though!

OP, you mean that you and your friend never introduced yourselves accordingly? And then why did your friend hang around, too? :-(

3rd wheel as emotional support doesn't make sense. If you wanted emotional support, you make it a double date. Either way they could have hit it off and continued dating. Maybe in future, have a friend at a table nearby to make sure you are safe, rather than ON the date with you.