By lookbothways - 06/10/2010 00:38 - United States

Today, I was walking to work through a bad part of town. A man yelled something at me, but knowing what part of town I was in, I ignored him and kept walking. Two seconds later I got hit by a car. Turns out, he was trying to warn me about the car coming right towards me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 155
You deserved it 38 816

cantthink123 tells us more.

cantthink123 12

I'm the OP - just to let you know, I'm a young girl in my 20's, so I generally try to be careful in high crime areas. If that makes me a bad person, then okay. I was crossing the street from one side, and the road curved so I couldn't see the car coming. The guy was on the other side of the road. I'm fine now, I was only in the hospital for a couple of hours, broken leg and a couple of stitches.

Top comments

Comments

everyone who is saying YDI/the OP should have been watching out: did you consider maybe it was the driver's fault or from what the OP could see, all was well?

knibbsy 4

Selective hearing. If it wasn't for selective hearing, wives would be getting beat by their husbands every Sunday during the several months of the NFL season.

knibbsy 4

I'm too young for marriage, so no. Just experienced in selective hearing with females in general.

Don't whine OP I'm sure you're just fine. Your thick skull must have protected you from any possible brain damage. Not that there's much brain to be damaged.

Hate to break it to you just because you are in a bad neighborhood doesn't mean that every person is going to attack you. Or just because you are female. Some may just be trying to help you.

littlemissdqgirl 8

Didn't your mom ever tell you to look both ways before crossing the street?

littlemissdqgirl 8

Didn't your mom ever tell you to look both ways before crossing the street?

See, not everybody that lives in bad parts of a town is an ass! I hope you're okay, though.