This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By FangirlMess6 - 25/03/2017 15:00 - United States - Manchester

Today, I was informed that we have a huge project due next week. I was absent when it was assigned. No one told me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 640
You deserved it 1 235

Top comments

zeusdom 15

YDI, you should always check with the teacher/professor about what you missed when you miss a class. And double check with other students instead of expecting everyone to just tell you.

mariri9206 32

You knew you missed the class and anything that was taught and assigned during that class. They shouldn't have to just tell you. It's your responsibility to find out what you missed and ask about any assignments that were given. YDI.

Comments

I'm sorry, but as a college professor I have to say that this is 100% your fault. Check this syllabus, which will tell you about anything that's due througout the semester. If not,, check with your classmates and as a last resort, check with the professor.

That's nice that you mention projects on the syllabus. But, frankly put, a lot of college teachers DON'T. I've dealt with 20 different teachers, and the ONLY one that gave a syllabus that had every single assignment in it, that was NEVER altered was the Spanish teacher.

You know, I've been there. I was out for a while with a bad case of bronchitis, thought I had all the back-work, asked the teacher and the other students if there was anything important, and nobody mentioned the project because it wasn't part of the regular homework. I'm just saying, though, at least you found out a week ahead instead of the day before. :D I mean, yeah, FYL, but it could be worse, mate.

YDI if indeed you didn't ask the professor. FYL if you did. When I was in high-school I missed two weeks of school (I was hospitalized). When I came back I asked the other students AND the teacher if there was something important to do and the teacher herself said "nothing". But there was because four days after she asked me to give her my work. Turns out we had to prepare a paper about new technologies, something really big (like 25% of the final grade). When I told her I didn't know about that paper and that she told me herself there was nothing to do, she called me a liar. Teachers can be really vicious... Not all of them hopefully =).

I've been in this spot before. I sustained a severe head injury, complete with concussion, resulting memory loss, and permanent migraine issues. Actually went to school the day I sustained it. I was missing days pretty frequently and had notes from both my neurologist and pediatrician that all missed days should be considered excused for the foreseeable forums. So I would ALWAYS ask my teachers what I missed. Come exam times, I go to ask my criminal justice teacher if I'm exempt, and she gives me this dirty look and says, "why would YOU be exempt? You have a low d, you aren't even going to pass, because you didn't turn in so much stuff because you didn't ask for it." I was a bit shell shocked for a moment, then I demanded to speak to the principal because all the other teachers could vouch that I did ask. Long story short, I got moved to homeschooling via internet classes, and the bitch admitted that she didn't give it to me because she felt like I didn't deserve the chance to do the work if I didn't come to the class. Kicker is that she used to be a cop, and she also doesn't work there anymore.