This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 19/03/2019 00:00

Today I was finally able to get to sleep after a long weekend of being violently ill. I’m talking couldn’t even hold down water. Any way I finally get into a good sleep for the first time in 24 hours. I’m even dreaming! Then a telemarketer calls me and I can’t get back to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 346
You deserved it 121

Top comments

TomeDr 24

I once was horribly sick and trying to sleep when I was jolted awake by a telemarketer. I couldn’t really understand what they were saying and ended up bursting into tears and asking, “Why are you calling me??!” I got a stammered apology and I think someone was rethinking their job that day.

Yea because taking the phone off the hook or putting your phone onto silent mode isn't a thing people who want/need sleep do prior to actually falling asleep.... YDI

Comments

TomeDr 24

I once was horribly sick and trying to sleep when I was jolted awake by a telemarketer. I couldn’t really understand what they were saying and ended up bursting into tears and asking, “Why are you calling me??!” I got a stammered apology and I think someone was rethinking their job that day.

I do agree this sucks, but you didn’t have to answer. Or even have your phone on. This is what I don’t understand about people when I’m working. They’ll answer to tell me they don’t take calls at that time. Then why answer? Why not just ignore it? Just playing devil’s advocate.

in part because the ringing phone is annoying. And even if it rings at night, you're already jolted awake by a ringing phone, so you might as well see who it is. If I'm already awake I always avoid the call if I don't know the number. If it's important they'll leave a message. if not well, screw them. I have no use for telemarketers.

Yea because taking the phone off the hook or putting your phone onto silent mode isn't a thing people who want/need sleep do prior to actually falling asleep.... YDI

My phone has been on silent since 2014 for this exact reason. You should try it sometime.

Did the telemarketer tell you something so exciting you couldn’t go back to sleep?