By Sydney1600 - 20/06/2013 23:28 - United States - Lawndale

Today, I tried explaining to my mom how liking her own posts on Facebook wasn't very cool. I later logged in to see she'd added all my friends and posted naked baby pictures of me, captioning them, "Now I don't have to like my own posts." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 540
You deserved it 13 746

Sydney1600 tells us more.

I was KINDLY telling her how it wasn't "cool" to like her own stuff. She accepted my tip with a warming smile. We have a close relationship, so it wasn't surprising that she did that. The picture wasn't too exposing. All you could see was my bottom. My friends now joke about it, so it was easy to get over it. Now my mom is the "cool mom." The worst part would have to be that she now gets more likes on her post than I do. So much for liking her own pictures.

Top comments

And the Mother of the Year Award goes to.....

you mean... It's not cool to like your own photos?

Comments

kim_larsa 5

Get on her computer and delete the pics including her FB

DjMonroe95 11

"You blocked me on Facebook, and now your going to die" Lol

I never understand why people think nude babypictures are embarrassing. Everybody has them and most babies look the same anyway.

True, but the stories that go along with them can be pretty embarrassing.

UnluckyGenius 21

I think your mom had this planned for a long time.

crazytwinsmom 25

She's just been waiting for an excuse to use them.

tarantaran 4

Your mum took serious lengths to retaliate, but I have no sympathy. What's it to you if she likes her own posts? YDI.

It really depends on how OP said that to their mother. I've had to explain some basic Facebook etiquette to my parents before, like not having a long, "private" conversation with person A on person B's wall post. Sometimes hints can be helpful, if people are getting made fun of or being berated for the way they are acting. For all we know, OP's mom liking her own posts could very well be a joke to family and friends.

Like the other reply, it depends on how OP worded it. Liking your own posts seems desperate. “No one else 'likes' my posts? Well, I better do it, myself.” It doesn't really make sense to like them otherwise.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Fuckerberg is a Nazi when it comes to mildly offensive photos. Get a friend or two to help you report all of them. They'll get taken down, and your mom'll probably get a hefty ban for her troubles. Just make sure you check "Report to Facebook," and DON'T send the little "This post is offensive to me, please remove it" message.