By touche-à-tout - 15/08/2012 08:08 - Japan - Tokyo

Today, I took a restroom break in a Japanese train station. I couldn’t find the toilet flush, so I started pulling on all the available levers. Can some one explain to me why the main alarm lever was in the toilet? FML
I agree, your life sucks 744
You deserved it 80

Top comments

hellobobismyname 24

"Excuse me sir, can you please come and help me flush my shit down the toilet?" Umm, I wouldn't want to ask that, nor would I ever want to be asked that... It's a normal reaction to try to discover the flush for yourself. Who would want to bring strangers into that kind of business? Anyone would be too embarrassed.

Just in case an octopus decides to jump out of the toilet.

Comments

I have seen enough Hentai to know why...

It's there in case some pervert tries to do something to you. Also no local perverts will attack you there because there is an alarm right there. Perverts tend to like trains there since it's a good excuse to brush up against people when it's full or you hit a bump in the rail.

what if someone tried to rape u boom! alarm

rifletwirler92 15

I was in Japan just a couple months ago, all the trains especially the ones with toilets had signs in English as well as Japanese. And the alarms are bright red buttons. OP sounds completely oblivious.

18: Train station though, not train.

fyi in japan commonly the flush is a button somewhere off on the wall near the toilet

Probably for people in wheelchairs in case they have some issues.

I'm gonna call bs on this. That's just so unlikely.

I never knew toilet time could be so luxurious.

Yeah once you experience the cleanliness and ease of such cleanliness with the japanese toilet bidets you never want to go back to the barbarian TP wiping days.