This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By magen - 12/02/2017 02:00 - United States

Today, the family I babysit for spells and says my name correctly more than my friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 208
You deserved it 540

Top comments

Double FML points if you found this out by walking into a room where the whole family was rhythmically chanting your name—which was also written all over the walls.

jcash52426 5

Megen , morgen, mag oh who cares I'll just call you girl

Comments

jcash52426 5

Megen , morgen, mag oh who cares I'll just call you girl

ItsAnanya 25

In 2017, how DARE you assume her/his gender?!? ? Pfft.

Double FML points if you found this out by walking into a room where the whole family was rhythmically chanting your name—which was also written all over the walls.

I hope you mean ex-friends! Have the family adopt you, so you can always be surrounded by people who can pronounce your name.

I don't think the mispronunciation of a name is worth ending friendships for

cheshireau 26

May-gen (as in pagan) or May-jen (as in Jennifer)? I going with the first one.

mariri9206 32

I'm Marissa and MY AUNT spells it Marrisa. Or Marrissa. Even though, I've sent her thank you cards with the correct spelling and she's spelled it correctly other times like on the mailing envelope or if she sends a check. But, in the card, it's always spelled wrong. So I feel your pain. I'm considering intentionally spelling her name wrong back next time.

FYL for having parents who gave you an odd spelling of a common name. I'm all for creative and unique names, but if it's a common name, it should be spelled the common way.

newemby 0

blame your parents. I'm all for having a unique name but magen? that's a tad ubnoxious.

xbaconator9000x 16

Mah-gen? Mah-jen? Mee-gen? May-gen?

species4872 19

Nobody spells it Magen. YDI. The people you babysit for must be illiterate or dyslexic.

With dumbshit friends and a dumbshit name, what do you expect?