By lentkaysi - 10/09/2015 22:55 - United States - Syracuse

Today, I got hit by a USPS truck. Luckily, I have car insurance. Just kidding. My insurance got cancelled two days ago for lack of responding to letters they sent. Letters that the USPS didn't deliver. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 603
You deserved it 2 223

lentkaysi tells us more.

wow thanks for all the comments guys! yes, my luck in this case was awful. for those wondering, I did pay my insurance. the issue wasn't non payment. I just bought my car less than a month ago. Progressive, my company, never informed me of the photo inspection with new cars and since this is my first new car I had no idea. They chose their sole form of communication through postal service. Never received an email. so comp and collision were cancelled on my car insurance. Now the post office is 100% responsible for fixing my car. However, since its the government insurance they take their sweet time. I will be without my car for many months unless my insurance will cover and they can reimburse my insurance. You guessed it....that's not gonna happen. yes I will be suing. yes I will be without my brand new car, that now has $7000 worth of damage. fml.

Top comments

They hit you... They are responsible for the damages, not you.

Comments

You can't just sue the Post Office. They are a branch of the federal government and fall under sovereign immunity. There is the Federal Tort Claims Act, which does allow under special circumstances a lawsuit against the federal government. However, unless you can prove gross negligence of a government employee you will be wasting a lot of time and money in federal court for nothing. Your best option is to go to your local post office and ask to speak to the post master. They can get things done for you.

corky1992 33

All they had to do is call their insurance company to see what was going on. It's not the post office's fault that the person is too irresponsible to call the insurance company to see what was going on.

UPS is out to get you. Watch your back, man.

corky1992 33

That's really not an excuse, you should have known when your bill is due even without a notice and should have called your insurance company when you weren't getting them to see what was going on.

They paid their bills. The issue was something they didn't know the company even did. Didn't you read OP's response?

glossykarma 19

if they hit you then it shouldn't matter that your don't have insurance should it?

if you have no insurance, you can not legally be on the road, therefore it is your fault, even if you get rear ended at a red light. FwIw, a postal vehicle always has the right of way, so you're still screwed.

I thought you meant you yourself physically got hit and injured until i reac the second sentence...

kittykat1501 31