By xele - 09/03/2010 14:09 - Poland

Today, I found out that my mom is not only reading my mail, but she is also withholding letters from my bank, college, and insurance company. Why? Because "they could be inappropriate" for me to read. I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 347
You deserved it 3 725

xele tells us more.

Oh yeah, I am from Poland and its very UNcommon to NOT live with your parents even at the age of 30 and having your own family. People here have family houses and we dont move out like ppl in US. Houses are passed down on younger generations who takes responsibility for it and their older parents at the same time.

Top comments

I'd say grow a pair and move out of your parents house. You're 25.

My parents tried to do that to me. I got a P.O. Box until I had enough money to move out of my house.

Comments

dragonflygal 0

Do you still live at home at 25? THAT'S inappropriate!!!

It is time to move on, up, and away from where she can read your mail. It really sounds to me like your mother has big-time psychiatric problems. I know someone whose mother behaves very similarly, and I'm afraid he's allowed taking care of her to consume his life. He's in his early 40s and single and lives with her. It may sound harsh, but at some point, you have to do what you can and then move on into your own life. Otherwise, it's gone before you know it, just like this guy's.

what the hell is your dumb ass living at home for at 25? do you want your mommys love and attention?

youthink_fml 0

YDI for being 25 and still living with mommy.

Grow up and move the **** out already!

#143: I moved out when I was 18, worked my way through college, and took out loans to get through med school. I still say our OP needs to grow a set, get a job, and move out. (And so should your brother, Dr. Mommy's-Boy!)

to #169: Yes... lets all **** our lives with a loan. that what you need to start your adult life, a BIG FAT bill that gets bigger every month.

caravanmom 0

Moms hiding something, sounds like she is using your info for her benefit.

Time to get a post office box and or move out.