This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By HolidayRoad - 20/08/2016 16:51

Today, I forgot my headphones at home, which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to be in the third row seat of a minivan filled with family arguing over directions, baby Einstein opera and a toddler trying to break the sound barrier. Only four more hours to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 263
You deserved it 129

Top comments

From what you described not even headphones would help. FYL

Buy some cheap earbuds at your next stop if its that important to you

Comments

That's rough man, try and make the most of it and enjoy the time with your family I guess

Buy some cheap earbuds at your next stop if its that important to you

From what you described not even headphones would help. FYL

countryb_cth 38

What concerns me is the fact that no one is trying to stop the toddler from yelling. I'm pretty sure no one wants to listen to a kid scream at the top of their lungs especially for a long period of time.

The sound barrier can't be "broken" by a loud volume. When something goes goes fast enough, around 750 MPH, the object approaches supersonic speed. The loud "boom" that can be heard only happens after the object passes supersonic speed.

This is completly irrelevant to the FML...

OP didn't mean it literally, so your explanation wasn't really necessary.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

You're ridiculous if that's what you took from this FML.

So you're implying that the OP was implying the toddler was attempting to fly at Mach speed and not that the child was producing ear piercing noise?

Breaking the sound barrier is a speed thing, not a volume of voice thing.

Buy new ones the first stop you make. Also it never hurts to ask around the car to borrow some, you never know who might have some in their bag.

I'd probably wind up having a meltdown about... Twenty minutes in. (Also, I just keep imagining. someone trying to throw a toddler to break the sound barrier, even though that isn't the point...)