By Bleiz - 14/06/2016 19:41 - United States - Federal Way

Today, I decided to act on my therapist's advice and ask my crush out. She turned me down because I'm apparently too much of a downer. The reason I have a therapist is because I'm depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 048
You deserved it 1 252

Bleiz_fml tells us more.

I just want to say thank you for all of the love and such. Just getting y FML published made me excited a little! And to all the people saying that the girl is "not worth it" and stuff like that, we are still good friends and I get where she was coming from. Like multiple people have said, dating someone that has a mental disorder can be tough (especially if said person has multiple, such as ADD and an anxiety disorder I forgot the name to). Anyways thanks for the support and all..

Top comments

Be proud of yourself for having the courage to ask her out! Not an easy thing to do, especially not when you're not feeling good.

Don't worry, you'll find someone, best of luck with the therapy

Comments

teenmagic 18

That sucks :( but also she's not wrong? Lol

Bruh, therapy won't do anything. What you need is some Jesus time ? I know so because I was depressed.

I don't really want to get into religion but personally I am Atheist. However, I do respect all religions and appreciate your concern.

What if religion has caused someone to be depressed?

Ultimately you have to work on yourself so that when the time is right you are capable of sustaining a relationship, now is not the time. Unfortunately it won't be for a long time so don't worry about trying to be with someone now. Your therapist knew they would reject you, which would give you some experience in dealing with negativity head on. Which would ideally give you motivation to work on yourself and desensitize you to rejection so it won't hit you so hard. Until you love yourself to the point where you don't care how other people see/care about you then you shouldn't be in a relationship. In the meantime be in one with yourself do for yourself what you would do for the other person in the relationship. Love you care about you, that's what's attractive to others, once you do that people will come flocking.

I just want to say thank you for all of the love and such. Just getting y FML published made me excited a little! And to all the people saying that the girl is "not worth it" and stuff like that, we are still good friends and I get where she was coming from. Like multiple people have said, dating someone that has a mental disorder can be tough (especially if said person has multiple, such as ADD and an anxiety disorder I forgot the name to). Anyways thanks for the support and all..

Glad to see you aren't a prick and understand her rejection. We need more people like you. Way to many bitch when they get rejected and behave like the person they asked out is obligated to date them.

I just want to say, you're really strong and tough for going through that with the attitude you have.

I have ADD and an anxiety disorder...so, I guess I'm just ****** then, huh? Especially since my anxiety disorder is social anxiety...

andrmac 25

Too bad, but at least you asked and you know so now you can move on and find someone that loves you back.

I know the feels op. Relationships like that can kinda suck.