By kittykittyrun - 18/06/2013 16:28 - Canada - Truro

Today, I cut my own bangs. I pulled too much hair to the front and ended up giving myself a mullet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 424
You deserved it 47 189

kittykittyrun tells us more.

kittykittyrun 29

I always cut my own bangs and they always look good, this time I just tried something new and watched a YouTube video and the girls hair looked amazing, but I just wasn't paying attention to how much I pulled forward, which I usually do, and ended up cutting off more than I should have. I don't regret doing it. Hair grows back and I'm not too worried.

Top comments

k_lylepad 19

Business in the front, party in the back!

Haven't you seen the video where the girl burns her hair off with a curling-iron? Never trust YouTube!

Comments

I've had my bangs trimmed several times by professionals and they always do it too short. so I cut my own. sometimes they don't come out right. but most the time they do. but its hair, it grows back.

kittykittyrun 29

Exactly. I've always cut my own bangs, but wanted something different. If you see my pic, it looks good. It's just when they're on the side instead of in front it looks like a mullet lol.

Might as well cut your own hair, the hairdressers always get my parting wrong so I have to correct it myself at home :) I'm proud that you were adventurous OP :)

Just if someone hadn't already commented that

you're a fool. but hey, more money for us hair stylists! want to go buy a do it yourself ombré kit, too? :D

kittykittyrun 29

Why would I do that? I just wanted bangs, and like I said, they look good, just not when they fall to the side.

All you people saying "never cut your own bangs!" rely too much on others. granted, dont cut the back of your head, but bangs are easy too see where your cutting and you can do it exactly as you want. I wont let my hairdresser cut my bangs, that way I can do whatever I want and not explain. she made a bit of a mistake, but im sure she'll cut her own bangs again.

kittykittyrun 29

I will always cut my own bangs. I do them the way I like every time, but I got a bit adventurous. They're growing out fine, now, though.

JoseIsAdork 31

I think everyone has at least one embarrassing home haircut story, you're not alone op!

And this is exactly why you should just spend the $12 or so to get your hair cut instead of thinking you're good at everything and doing it yourself.