By kittykittyrun - 18/06/2013 16:28 - Canada - Truro

Today, I cut my own bangs. I pulled too much hair to the front and ended up giving myself a mullet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 424
You deserved it 47 189

kittykittyrun tells us more.

kittykittyrun 29

I always cut my own bangs and they always look good, this time I just tried something new and watched a YouTube video and the girls hair looked amazing, but I just wasn't paying attention to how much I pulled forward, which I usually do, and ended up cutting off more than I should have. I don't regret doing it. Hair grows back and I'm not too worried.

Top comments

k_lylepad 19

Business in the front, party in the back!

Haven't you seen the video where the girl burns her hair off with a curling-iron? Never trust YouTube!

Comments

some fmls should come with pictures. :D

Never give yourself a haircut unless you're a pro!

This is why cosmetologists spend 16-18 months with 10 hour school days (a lot of them even require school on Saturdays!) learning how to do this shit properly. It might sound like an easy concept, but it's really not if you want it to look nice. Hope you don't mind short hair because when you go to the salon to get it fixed, that'll probably be your only option. Next time you want to do it yourself, at least go look for a tutorial on YouTube.

If you read OP's comments she made this mistake AFTER watching a Youtube video and has been cutting her own bangs previously with no issues. I've been cutting my own hair for about 6 years now and occasionally do other people's, I'm not a hairdresser.

If you really feel that it is "no big deal" then why would you consider the moment and fml? Hmmm

"You've gotta fight *Beat, beat* For your right, to party!"

Business up front, party in the back!! You should spike up the front

kittykittyrun 29

I have to add, it's not a bad haircut, just the way I cut it was done right according to the YouTube video, its just when I put my bangs to the side, it looks like a mullet lol. When I have my bangs where they're supposed to go, it looks good.

Should've watched all those YouTube tutorials first

Take it from someone who has cut their own hair. It's not pleasant