Thrifty

By why - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff

Today, I caught my roommate pouring back his leftover milk from his cereal back into the jug to "save money." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 798
You deserved it 3 780

Top comments

Better start re-using toothpaste as well. Times are rough.

Pray that that's the only product where he does that.

Comments

Better start re-using toothpaste as well. Times are rough.

RpiesSPIES 27

That's what corn is for... ;D

Let's hope they don't reuse toilet paper...

ILoveMyArm 15

You can just use the other side of the toilet paper. What? Doesn't everybody do that?

That's not so bad just think about it as having sweet milk with no extra charge.

Soon we gonna have to reuse condoms aswell....to save money and the environment, right? Right?

#49 better than finding them in the street

Wasn't there an fml some time ago about someone recycling mouthwash? yum..

But think of all the things people could be reusing! *shudders* toilet paper feminine hygene products bath or shower water toothpaste chewing gum Yeah, I think Ill just use coupons to save money.

Pray that that's the only product where he does that.

Imagine if he did it with mouth wash. Oh the nightmares.

As long as it's not your milk I don't see a problem.

LappDance 16

They're roommates.. I'm guessing that they share the milk.

I have never shared milk with my roommates. We all buy different kinds (skim, 1%, etc).

Imhere4fml 24

Well, not everybody is like you

He's a pizza. Of course nobody is like him.

KiddNYC1O 20

A very tasty-looking pizza at that. Freakin yum!

toughchick14 15

That can be his jug, you will have your own.

If you're sharing the milk that's pretty disgusting, get your own separate milk carton? If he's the only one drinking from that milk then I guess it won't affect you in any way?

But then that's double the expense when buying milk. The point in living with a roommate is to split costs, and thus *save* money.

Perhaps for some people, me and my previous roommates always had our own shelf in the refrigerator with our own food. We just shared an apartment for cheaper rent, but we never shared the food, so for me it seemed natural to have your own milk carton :)

I agree, #8. It's much easier to just buy food and drinks for yourself than try to make sure you've split it fairly. When I tried to buy ice cream with my roommates (cones that could be evenly distributed), I came back after a weekend at home to find they had given half of mine to other friends because they'd miscounted. I was a bit angry because I paid as much as they did for half the ice cream. = It surprises me when I hear of roommates that buy groceries together all the time.

Tell him to buy his own milk from now on.

Idiot. Doesn't he know that drinking the milk out of the bowl is the best part?