Nice to see you too

By mcfatty - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - India - Bangalore

Today, despite having a bunch of work and school related things to do, I made time to go visit family I hadn't seen in a while. The main topic of discussion was how fat I've gotten. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 146
You deserved it 1 644

Top comments

Ignore them, at least you know you're the better person by making time for them

I have some magic words for you: "well, when I decided to take time away from important work to spend time with you all, I didn't expect you to be so incredibly rude to me. So, I'm going to head off and do some studying. See you at Christmas!" Seriously. Your family are WAY out of line and you 100% have better things to do than sit and take it. If they want to have a good relationship with you, they can take the first step by not being complete assholes next time you see them.

Comments

That's really rude but maybe if you're overweight, you should try to loose some. Stress can lead to weight gain and it seems like you're stressed from school and whatnot. If you're not overweight and you're perfectly healthy, just don't worry about it.

AssCancer 5

Stop being so whiny about people caring, being fat isn't good PERIOD, literally nothing good comes out of it. You getting all sad about those "shitty" comments is just a rude awakening for you knowing that they're all right, that you need to lose weight

Ignore them, at least you know you're the better person by making time for them

species4872 19

At least they know that you've been eating well. Don't worry family always finds fault.

chrisbeaudoin 26

If you were eating "well" chances are you wouldn't be that overweight. Your comment would make more sense if it was just, "at least they know you've been eating."

species4872 19

My aren't we all so sensitive. Oh and eating well is getting enough. You hear so many people on here having such a tough time with little or no money.

And I'm sure that they're all super-slim to be able to talk about you like that.

chrisbeaudoin 26

I mean, they probably are if they are talking about it like that

What does pregnancy have to do with this FML?

I feel you op.. it's the same with my parents as well! whenever we get together in family gatherings, I'm the talking point of their conversations like how skinny I've gotten since the last time they saw me.. I think it's kinda sweet though in a way that they don't have much else to hold on to on us so yeah I basically laugh it out :).

I have some magic words for you: "well, when I decided to take time away from important work to spend time with you all, I didn't expect you to be so incredibly rude to me. So, I'm going to head off and do some studying. See you at Christmas!" Seriously. Your family are WAY out of line and you 100% have better things to do than sit and take it. If they want to have a good relationship with you, they can take the first step by not being complete assholes next time you see them.

jcash52426 5

Talk about how fat your family have gotten to them see how they like it or just leave and take care of what you have to do

LittleLittlered7 6

That is very rude of them! Next time, say, " I already know I gained weight and we've talked it to death. Its really bringing me down. What can we accomplish by continuing to bring it up?"

Your family should just learn to roll with it.

AssCancer 5
nonsensical 26

"They see me rollin', they hatin'...."