Nearly Halloween

By boo - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Gainesville

Today, I'm old enough to be looking at houses to buy, but not old enough to get past the idea that they might be affordable because they're haunted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 808
You deserved it 6 373

Top comments

You are a practical person and would survive any generic horror movie.

Comments

Have you considered a house share or something so you're not alone?

Check all the closets. If they have a small little door compartment, it's probably loaded with bad vibes.

brendejafulable 41

Didn't think there was an age cut-off.

jnugzzz 6

Legally, the real estate agent must disclose if someone died in the house. It became a law after that whole amityville horror thing. So if they don't tell you anyone died there, there can't be a ghost! Good luck on your house hunt :)

Goblin182 26

Actually I think you have to ask first. But if you ask they do have to disclose. That goes for a lot of thinkgs concerning the history of the house, if the former occupant was a serial killer, child molester, drug dealer . . .

Mc2013 18

Legally they must tell you if someone was MURDERED in the home. Not if someone died from natural causes, suicide, falling down the stairs, etc.

Google the address. Sleuth around on local newspaper websites. I even do that if I'm moving into a rental property.

shanebob 15

Ghosts are not real. There is absolutely 0 evidence of their existence.

I know how you feel! Ever since I saw the first season of American Horror Story I've been checking the history of potential houses to move into. I'm just really paranoid though :(

Expensive houses are haunted, too. YDI it for having this fear and not learning what to do to rid a house of bad energies. If it were something I was scared of, I'd learn what to do to prevent/take care of it. Research "smudging with sage." Anyone can do it, and remember to invite God into your house to help protect it.

Spooky, scary haunted house sends shivers down the price!

So build your own...just make sure the lot wasn't an old cemetery or something beforehand

PerditaDessa 38

I could see OP saving up money to build his own only to realize afterwards that he placed his house over an Indian burial ground.

But then op could have all the Indian food they wanted.

Suraisu 4

You are extremely practical and rational. Just make sure you do your research on the house and go with your gut. You'll be just fine.