Just no

By toolegittoquit - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I tried to quit my job. My boss just looked at me and said, "No. You can't quit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 975
You deserved it 6 878

Top comments

haha you are obviously a huge pussy. tell that ************ boss what's up

Comments

Easier solution to your problem - gasoline, a bunch of matches and/or blowtorch, and a bus filled with orphans ranging from 8-13 years old. I think you all see where I am going with this...

koifish43332 0

How would singing "Kumbaya" around a campfire with a bunch of orphans help? Maybe if she brought marshmallows they could all have a good time and forget about their problems? That's where you were going with that, right? Right?

*teehee* That made me giggle. The kumbiya bit was a nice touch.

#60 - Not quite what I had in mind, but that's okay. I was thinking more along the lines of burning down the office where the boss works and have the kids watch (now with marshmallow-goodness).

maybe your boss likes you and doesn't want to lose you as an employee or maybe the boss thought you were joking

uhohuscrewedup 0

no one can stop u from quoting just don't show up for work. also ur boss not wanting u to quit would mean he likes u. ask for a raise or walk ;-)

This! Is! SPARTA! No one can stop me from quoting either :)

#42 - I loved that line in Troy, especially the part about finding the buried treasure somewhere in Washington D.C.

maybe you have to give him a weeks notice??? dumass!!!

Actually, you don't. It's a courtesy you extend to stay on good terms with the company. If you don't care about that, a notice is not at all necessary.

what kind of job? if u quit people die?

Lol. If you don't wanna work there any more, stop showing up. I'm sure he'll be able to take the hint. When you get your next job, just say your boss refused to let you quit. You had no choice.

thighsofglory 0

If yours is a right-to-work state you don't have to submit a resignation. Hell, quit in an email and mail in the keys; you won't even have to go out in the cold. People always forget that side of the equation when they bitch about right-to-work.

Ask for a raise. Still, you win for your MC Hammer reference.

this wouldve been more realistic if your boss was your dad. then I would understand. but yeahhh. you are a wuss. grow a pair and then staple you resignation to his forehead

grow a pair of what? boobs? the OP is a woman

omg #37! ur so sexist! what happens if the boss was there MOM?!?! geez!