Happy Pride everyone!

By yourclotheslookgay - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Rotherham

Today, my mum visited. Even though I live under my own roof now, I caught her continuing her old habit of throwing out any clothes she thinks make me look "gay". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 948
You deserved it 2 081

Top comments

Now you can throw her out in turn! Some parents just don't get it, and never will.

That's your stuff, she shouldn't be doing that. Your not a little kid anymore.

Comments

StetsonSalvatore 12

When I moved out and into my own apartment, my parents knew better than to act as if they can come over and do what they want. I respected their belongings, they did the same. You need to sit down and have a talk with your mother and tell her she needs to be more respectful and considerate of you and your personal items. It's not her place or her property, therefore don't touch it!

Ground her. She's under your roof, and she has to follow your rules

CliffyB03 28

Tell her she's grounded until she learns to act like an adult

how about speaking up 4 yourself?..! if you really are a grown up, than talk to her on that level and ask her : what she thinks she's doing there? and if she goes around throwing other people's clothes away?..hope you can let go of mommys apron someday..

Pretty sure she's there because she was invited. Her being there is not the issue. I hardly think having your mother over for a visit is indicative of needing to "let go of mommy's apron."

Tell her she can't come back unless she breaks her habit. You don't owe her anything if she's doing that to your house.

If OP is gay, this was the time to come out to Mom and deal with the subject honestly and directly. Gay or not, OP has to set boundaries with Mom. Unless she agrees to respect those boundaries OP should've let Mom visit any more.

Cody1187 3

Lol are you ? If not at least she's lookin out for you

Well of course they are gay, they just hadn't come out of the closet yet.

Yes. That joke was just... Yes mate. Pristine joke material.