Give it away

By zobara - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Switzerland

Today, after my credit card was stolen, the thief made donations to charitable associations. Now I feel bad for asking for the money back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 988
You deserved it 4 015

Top comments

azad_fml 0

imagine all the mouth you've fed or homeless you've clothed at the cost of your own.

Comments

Why don't you take bacl your money and donate an amount of your choice to the charity you deem most worthy. Assuaged guilt helps make the world go 'round. Plus you'll still be able to afford your Wednesday night Strip Club excursions!

Sounds reasonable to me lol thats one thing OP can do. How can I message you? You seem like an awesome chick to talk to :)

chi99y 0

Run poor op. #43 is gona split you like a log

back* damn you, windows phone. I spit on your shitty keyboard and awful FML App. *ptooey*

lightzonlycast 2

That's some real robin hood shit.

Killafornia 1

On the bright side, to deal with credit card theft issues you don't need to contact the associations, just your credit card company. Regardless, it's your money, and yours to do what you want with. Don't feel bad for getting it back if you can't buy groceries now, ya know?

That thief is pure genius. If I ever find myself in possession of some credit card that I have no idea who the owner is, I'll be sure to make various donations to charitable organizations, and then start my own "charitable organization" using some phony name (e.g. "___'s wish foundation") and "donate" some of the money into there to make it look like a legitimate donation, when, in actuality, I'm transferring the money into my own account. The card owner would most likely call the legit organizations first, hear them tell sob stories about how the suffering kids will need that money, feel bad and give up on calling the rest - way before he/she gets to your fake organization.

I think I know who stole your card op 24 seems a good suspect check the charities at the bottom on the list

Do feel free to thumb down my comment. I'm not suggesting that my approach is the way to go, just a very realistic scenario. I'm sure a lot of ID thieves out there have pulled something similar to this to get away without getting caught.

****, I thumbed your comment down by accident. Sorry -_- *Thumbs up*

Don't worry, the credit card company's have insurance polices to get the money back, you're just not reliable for fault. The charities will still keep the money as well, not at fault either.