Christmas Racket

By Dave - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Tallahassee

Today, my 5 kids were singing their favorite Christmas carols in the van, each trying to sing louder than the others. It would have probably sounded better if they were all singing the same one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 033
You deserved it 4 630

Top comments

You're an adult, sing louder! They can't compete.

What is so bad about 5 kids that he deserves it? Or is your head so far up your ass that you mis-read the FML as "squelch-shlorp-slelp-quelch-blorp"

Comments

save them on phone and sell the ringtone

I'm sorry. Did OP complain about his children being expensive? I guess I missed that part.

Ah, the joys of parenthood. Just wait til you have five teenagers. Oh what fun!

lelo007 11

... It is to ride in a one horse open sleigh- HEY! Sorry about that- this FML got me all in the holiday spirit and your comment got me excited, so I had to sing. I'll go back to being quiet, now :)

No, please don't! Your voice is enchanting!

lelo007 11

Let the Christmas carols begin!! My boyfriend will be so excited :D

One or two kids is acceptable. Any more than that and it's your damn fault for having so many.

lelo007 11

Maybe they wanted so many. Coming from a big family, myself, if my future husband and I can afford it, I want a big family.

UltimateGIRness 16

I'm the oldest of five,my mother is the middle child of 8. As long as a parent can care for the kids the numbers don't matter. If the op was livin in a box with 5 kids it would be a different story

'Acceptable'? I only have one sibling, but that was my parents' choice. If they can afford to look after them, and can look after them well, they can have as many kids as they want, in my opinion. It's only when people have more kids than they can afford and end up neglecting them that it becomes unacceptable.

I haven't the foggiest idea why people are hating on OP for having so many kids. He didn't mention not being able to cope with them, or having money issues. Don't be so damned judgmental.

Oh god. You know its time to stop when you get THAT look.

I would have chipped in with "The Little Drummer Boy". Hands down, that's my fav.(:

That's my favorite too. It's about how Christ accepts us for who we are and appreciates whatever we may have to offer him. Very heartwarming. :)

lelo007 11

I totally rock out on the air drums during this song! But in all seriousness, it is one of my top three favorites of the holidays. So soothing, and as you said, gracehi, heartwarming.

I could chip in with Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Carol of the Bells on guitar. It'll be the most epic Xmas music-filled car ride ever!

lelo007 11

Ahhh!! I love love LOVE TSO. I received concert tickets this year for an early Christmas present! But you're right, that would be an epic car ride!

skyeyez9 24

When my dad was a child, he sang for the Vienna Boy's Choir. We have old videos of him as a 11yr old singing The Little Drummer Boy with his group. The singing talent apparently skipped me cause I can't sing at all.

Tis the season! To deal with the annoying obnoxious happy freaks

lelo007 11

Or the low voice... I prefer my mom's yelling over her low, monotonous voice of terror.