Alanis, we've got another case!

By Arghh - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had an allergic reaction to cranberry juice. The only reason I was drinking cranberry juice was to help with a bladder infection. Now I'm covered in what looks like a rash and peeing constantly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 417
You deserved it 3 415

Top comments

doc_j 0

Cranberry Juice is usually more of a "preventative" measure. And if you have a bladder infection, see a doctor because the chances of juice helping THAT drastically is very minimal. Maybe a little bit, but you'd be better off with medication.

Comments

Go to the doctor. They have meds that will make you feel better almost immediately. You don't want to risk spreading to your kidneys.

awesomeloser14 0

well that sucks and swallows!! maybe you should take medication instead then the rash and infection will go away two birds one stone!

Just go to the Dr. an get some Cipro. It will clear up most of these infections in a few days. Cranberry juice just alters the ph of your urine which in theory should kill the infection, but in practicality does little to nothing.

d-mannose is by far the best supplement for urinary tract infections. it binds to the bacteria and flushes them out when you pee!! cranberry is used as a preventative as it makes the urinary tract and bladder walls slippy so bacteria can't attach to the walls as easily. I have heard cranberry juice actually can make a UTI worse when you first have one - not sure about this though. Drink as much fluids as possible though! Lavender tea is also a strong natural antibiotic.

D-mannose rules for UTI. I strongly second this

hcovballer247 0

unless youre getting raw cranberry juice, youre only making it worse because of all the sugar in juice. go get cranberry pills. then you dont have to taste it and it will help.

was it your idea to drink cranberry juice? if u didn't consult a doctor, then YDI.

ericams513 0