Alanis, we've got another case!

By Arghh - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had an allergic reaction to cranberry juice. The only reason I was drinking cranberry juice was to help with a bladder infection. Now I'm covered in what looks like a rash and peeing constantly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 417
You deserved it 3 415

Top comments

doc_j 0

Cranberry Juice is usually more of a "preventative" measure. And if you have a bladder infection, see a doctor because the chances of juice helping THAT drastically is very minimal. Maybe a little bit, but you'd be better off with medication.

Comments

cranberry juice will help prevent a uti as it prevents bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall. However, once you have a UTI, you need antibiotics to treat it. Don't wait too long or you'll end up with a bad kidney infection instead!!!

cheerinsaige 0

ohhh heeyyzz gurl I'm drinking cranburry juice right know!!! lawwl

llZombiell 5

If you can't afford medication from a doctor try getting some OTC medication. I had a UTI not too long ago and waited a week to see if it'd go away. It didn't so I finally went to the doctors. Antibiotics cost under $20 but the doctor visit cost $90-$180. There's a few meds you can get at a pharmacy for under $20. Your best bet is going to the doctor though.

omg I just had a bladder infection! I had to do the same but I didn't get a rash. it upset my stomach so bad!

it possibly might be a more serious STD.. just sayin

reddruby 0
alldara 0

bladder infection isn't an STD. You can also use blueberry juice, or eat cranberries and drink a lot of water or eat blueberries and drink a lot of water.