You're kidding me?

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff

Today, after being stood up at a diner, I called the girl who was supposed to have met me. Turns out, she thought I was kidding when I asked her out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 662
You deserved it 3 343

Top comments

coolboy675 16

Sounds more like a poor excuse on her part since you did get a hold of her number?

She sounds like a bitch, you probably dodged a bullet there, OP.

Comments

feldco1 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That's not what's going through my head after I set up a date, but alright.

Nonsense - she should have declined the date or gone on it.

feldco1 17

I've always had dates confirmed just because people get busy and stuff happens. Just a simple "hey we're still on for Friday, right?"

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

"Hey, I know I asked you out on a date and you agreed, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was kidding." That's not something that seems normal, but that's just what I think.

feldco1 17

I see that but where I'm coming from, it's just a confirmation of plans, but obviously everyone else thinks differently so whatever.

Gingerette 8

It isn't unheard of to confirm plans, especially if banter was prominent in the planning. Also, OP might have pissed off the girl, and this is her way of getting back at them.

coolboy675 16

Sounds more like a poor excuse on her part since you did get a hold of her number?

He could have already had it, if they knew each other before he asked her out.

but it seems going out with her is a bad thing, mightve dodged a bullet there

She sounds like a bitch, you probably dodged a bullet there, OP.

blackbeltpsycho 16

I wonder if OP is the guy who got the number of his friend's girlfriend in the other FML

ElementaryEdGuy 18

Is it possible that the girl has LOW self-esteem? I mean, she could've thought that she was the butt of the joke.

HighasaCloud 46

I agree. She could have slipped the waiter her number if she went.

57- That's exactly what I thought. She could be that girl who everyone would < * totally * > date and is used to it

Or maybe OP is so ridiculously attractive that she thought he was joking because she didn't think she could get anyone like that.

Maybe bc you were taking her out to a diner?

UnluckyGenius 21

The location of the date has nothing to do with it being a real date or not.

What's wrong with a diner? I know plenty of women that would rather go to a diner than a more expensive place.

Plus first dates shouldn't really be overly extravagant. You're trying to get to know them better and vice versa. An expensive restaurant can distract from that. It can also hint that every date will be in a place just as nice, which can lead sometimes to people using you for your expensive dates.

I prefer dates that are normal and comfy rather than in some fancy joint. A diner or a movie would be fine with me, don't see anything wrong with a diner?!

ThatFancyPenn 18

Hey diners are awesome. It's the best place to fall in love I mean they have breakfast, shakes, dessert, and pretty good food.

Never knock a diner! Simple is best on a first date - on my first date with my husband we went for a cup of tea. A more simple setting let us focus on each other instead.

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

No better love than one between a person and food, am I right?!

I feel so sad for people when I read these kinds of FMLs. Who the hell ever thinks it's a joke when someone asks them on a date? She's stupid or lying, either way you deserve better than that!

Maybe she's not used to being asked out to dinner and it caught her by surprise.

This could be true. If someone asked me out on a date, then I would assume someone dared them or it was so sort of joke on me.

juststephhere 23

Awweee I'm sorry! She's not worth it anyways!

TyT63 12

jokes on her, you're probably a decent person