This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 29/12/2016 02:25 - United States - Shepherdsville

Today, when I finally confronted my fiance about him just being with me to avoid being alone, he agreed and said, "but I'm still glad I met you". FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 546
You deserved it 537

Top comments

Am I missing something? Isn't that the whole point of relationships. People dating someone or getting married to someone because they are too codependent to go through life alone? I don't date because I'm not afraid to be by myself

There's no such thing as romantic love? Speak for yourself. The vast majority of people would disagree with you, and the majority of people are able to be in monogamous relationships.

Comments

but is he also your cousin? jk, I'm from Kentucky too. He doesn't seem worth your time.

Am I missing something? Isn't that the whole point of relationships. People dating someone or getting married to someone because they are too codependent to go through life alone? I don't date because I'm not afraid to be by myself

I think in this scenario the OP realized that her fiance is only with her because he doesn't like being alone, not because he loves her. What you say is partly true, humans don't like being alone but the majority choose partners that they truly want to spend time with Not just simply use as company because there was nothing else available

A) there are worse reasons to marry someone B) If OP is not satisfied with her fiance's reasons for being with her, then she can break the engagement. And be alone. Forever.

6, there's no such thing as romantic love. that's a social contract. As a matter of fact, monogamy is a social construct as well. Humans weren't to settle with one person. why do you think there is so much infidelity?

"I'm too enlightened to date. Women wouldn't understand me because of my vast intellect and I don't want to lower myself for carnal relations. Women are also bitches who only want to be treated like crap and they don't like nice guys like me." *tips fedora* How's your neckbeard coming along?

If this didn't describe me so accurately, I would upvote the shit out of it.

Nice strawman. That reply doesn't even make sense in context of what #8 said. Good job white knighting though.

There's no such thing as romantic love? Speak for yourself. The vast majority of people would disagree with you, and the majority of people are able to be in monogamous relationships.

22, get real. Not sure what kind of Nicholas Sparks fantasy you're living, but a majority of people cheat, but a fraction on those people get caught or confess. people "fall in love" because that's what society tells us to do. It's an illusion. we all finish ourselves off in the end anyway

I do not agree, there is a whole biological background to being in love. Not everything is a social construct, that's just the oversimplified mindset of so called progressives nowadays. You live to reproduce, and what helps that is when you find a (permanent) mate to raise your children with.

Sometimes, honesty is not the best policy . This is one of those times.

redcode5 17

I think honesty matters hear.

Honesty is the best policy. If she or he didn't say something and got married, how do you think that would have turned out or ended?

If you didn't like the truth, why did you ask?

Dump him, then. Or are you in it for the same reason?

Sometimes you get what you ask for... Sorry though.

Isn't that the whole point of getting into a relationship or getting married -- so neither one of you has to be alone anymore? Then, when you start having children, you'll always have someone there.