By rejected - 23/12/2013 10:44 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, my mother was reading an annual Christmas letter from an old university friend. When she remarked that she could have married him instead of my father, I replied that she wouldn't have had me then. She then said, "Exactly, I could have had his daughter instead." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 637
You deserved it 4 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, Christmas. All about celebrating the joy that is family.

Comments

dannnngthatsux 19

Guess whose Christmas present I would be returning! :D If you don't want me as your child, you must not want my gifts either!

No one is commenting on how the OP was also sort of rude--maybe mom snapped because her kid is digging for a compliment. A between the lines "But you have me, so you're totally happy with your life, right? Cause my existence validates everything."

A child digging for a compliment from a parent, we must alert the village elders!! Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you!

Probably because none of the rest of us saw the "glass as half full" like you...are you this depressing to the people around you as well?

Think of it like this, you can always threaten to dump her in a nursing home when she grows old enough. She would have no one to blame but herself!

brit628 7

U should tell her that she is going to the nursing home as soon as she can't take care of her self and if she gets sick and it up to u that ur going to pull the plug on her

Actually, she wouldn't have had "his" daughter...probably more like a son or just a bad case of stupidity...(oh, sorry..I see she suffers from that already)...your mom is mean for saying such drivel.

"Oh, so you could raise her to be a ***** like you?"