By Anonymous - 30/12/2009 19:12 - United States

Today, my doctor told me my ankle has been fractured since last week. I've been helping drywall the basement, and trying to walk up and down stairs for a week. My husband has been telling me to man up, and it's not that bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 265
You deserved it 3 607

atomicgirl tells us more.

atomicgirl 0

OMG! I am the person who posted it! My husband isn't an asshole! Well not ususally! LOL We went to the doctors immediately when i did it and they thought it was just a sprain. I could NOT walk on it for 4 days, and the results just came back yesterday. I was helping around the house, but I was limping. He was making fun of me because he thought it was just a sprain. Yes, I make him sandwiches! And he makes me them too! I have a picture if you want to see it, so you'll know I'm not faking!!!!

Top comments

YDI for marrying such a jerk. FYL for marrying such a jerk.

YDI for letting someone else tell you that it's not that bad and not knowing your own body well enough to understand that, "Yes, it is that bad."

Comments

TurboTalon 0

What is the point of having a husband like this? Please tell me, is he any use at all? Making you happy, supporting you in the time of need, any of this? Or are you just stuck with him out of habit?

GiRIsMakingCupca 0

ur husband sounds bitchy I heard something like this but I think it was two years

I know all you women are freak out about this but just man up even though your a woman. I played lacrosse with a fractured knee it isn't that bad. If you were able to walk up stair it couldn't have hurt that bad.

I sometimes wonder about the bones in my foot. I broke them by kicking a friend in the shin with sandals on while we were wrestling. I never went to a doc, but I know I fractured them (they were still painful after a month or two and I had a nurse friend look at it). I manned up, though! I didn't give him the satisfaction of tears. I did the SSSSSS-AAAAH, SSSSSS-AAAAH. I kind of knew I did something pretty bad right away, lol.

ndiesal 0

I don't think her husband realized that her ankle was fractured or really that bad. I bet he backed off after learning that.

atomicgirl 0

OMG! I am the person who posted it! My husband isn't an asshole! Well not ususally! LOL We went to the doctors immediately when i did it and they thought it was just a sprain. I could NOT walk on it for 4 days, and the results just came back yesterday. I was helping around the house, but I was limping. He was making fun of me because he thought it was just a sprain. Yes, I make him sandwiches! And he makes me them too! I have a picture if you want to see it, so you'll know I'm not faking!!!!

Did they have you do a second xray after the swelling went down? Most people can't be splinted till it does. Also, that is why all ER xrays get read a second time by a radiologist! You wouldnt BELIEVE how often we had to call people back in because an ER doc read an Xray wrong. We literally had a sheet called the ED discrepancy sheet where they would fax back all the correct diagnoses that ER docs missed.

dude, man up, it's not that bad! Cry babies like you give women the "weak, helpless" stereotype. YDI for over reacting

mcsnelly 5

She wasn't "overreacting," she was actually hurt, dumbass. That's not "weak" and "helpless," that's someone having a legitimate injury. If people listened to idiotic people like you, they'd end up with worse injuries and pain than they would have if they had taken care of it right away and realized that pain isn't normal--if you're in pain, it means something is WRONG.