By Anonymous - 30/12/2009 19:12 - United States

Today, my doctor told me my ankle has been fractured since last week. I've been helping drywall the basement, and trying to walk up and down stairs for a week. My husband has been telling me to man up, and it's not that bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 265
You deserved it 3 607

atomicgirl tells us more.

atomicgirl 0

OMG! I am the person who posted it! My husband isn't an asshole! Well not ususally! LOL We went to the doctors immediately when i did it and they thought it was just a sprain. I could NOT walk on it for 4 days, and the results just came back yesterday. I was helping around the house, but I was limping. He was making fun of me because he thought it was just a sprain. Yes, I make him sandwiches! And he makes me them too! I have a picture if you want to see it, so you'll know I'm not faking!!!!

Top comments

YDI for marrying such a jerk. FYL for marrying such a jerk.

YDI for letting someone else tell you that it's not that bad and not knowing your own body well enough to understand that, "Yes, it is that bad."

Comments

gamingmama 0

FYL he's an ass. My husband would probably say the same to me though. Sorry about the ankle!

If he told you earlier, then he would do the dry-walling himself. Im sure he doesn't wanna do that. Hope you get better

RitzyDitzy 0

Pain is for people with out a penis.

This is the kind of thing I would feel happy about because he was being a jerk and you turned out to be right in the end.

Thats for guys to do, run around with broken legs, ur a girl, u dont need to be a "man" thats for ur HUSBAND to do... FYL

SettoFail 9

Your husband was right. Man up a bit. Yoo deserve it .

If shes not a man, so why would she need to act like one? Plus if shes gonna have a kid or already has one u shouldnt be talkin

mcsnelly 5

Ignoring your pain and not taking care of yourself/injuries isn't being a man...it's called being an idiot.

Happened to me! My mom didn't believe me. Walked (hopped) around for a week with a broken foot. Finally she took me to the emergancy. Within the 1st hour I got x-rays. 11 hours later, the doctor looked at them. After waiting 12 hours (so much for public health care, eh?), the doctor said I had a broken foot. We purchased a removable cast and went home.

at least the doctors picked it up.. my grandma has been walkin on a broken leg for 9 months and she's been seeing doctors scince about 9 months ago.. but they didn't find it out until now..