By dad - 29/06/2009 16:38 - United States

Today, my daughter had just left for a date with her boyfriend. All of a sudden, she runs back in the house screaming "I forgot to take my birth control!" That is not something a father wants to hear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 503
You deserved it 50

Top comments

treli1593 0

WHY would she even say that around you?!

Something to keep in mind: Not all girls who take birth control are having sex. Even girls who have boyfriends and are taking BC aren't necessarily having sex. However, it's also really important for girls to take their birth control /every day/ at a specific time, otherwise it really messes up her body. For all anyone knows, she suddenly realized she hadn't taken it that day, and panicked. ... or maybe she's having sex with her boyfriend.

Comments

Because THAT'S something you want your dad to hear.

soccerboy101 0

To #9, it's YDI. To the OP at least she was being safe.

Something to keep in mind: Not all girls who take birth control are having sex. Even girls who have boyfriends and are taking BC aren't necessarily having sex. However, it's also really important for girls to take their birth control /every day/ at a specific time, otherwise it really messes up her body. For all anyone knows, she suddenly realized she hadn't taken it that day, and panicked. ... or maybe she's having sex with her boyfriend.

Completely agreed! If a father is worried about his daughter having sex, he /needs/ to talk to her about it. It'll increase the trust and honesty, and decrease the awkward.

You know, people have don't need to rely on birth control pills just because they think it would make them better. Teenage girls shouldn't be taking such a pill as it will do worse for the self-esteem and think it's alright to have sex.

caticaticati 3

117 - I don't see any truth in that... I take the pill and I'm a virgin and still don't want to have sex until I'm married. Some girls have to take it for medical reasons - as I do - because if they don't, they could end up infertile later in life. And as for self-esteem, I don't see how the pill would affect self-esteem.

Thank you! I was too astonished by ignorance to explain. =P

crazy_legs_mcgee 0

"Not all girls who take birth control are having sex." QFT

#117, you're an idiot. The pill and self esteem have nothing in common. At all. "Omg, I take the pill, I'm such a lowlife!" Yeah, no. Nobody in their right mind thinks like that. And guess what, sex is okay. It's natural. I can see why you wouldn't have sex before marriage, whether it's a religious or just a personal choice, but neither one gives you the right to condemn people for not having the same guidelines.

I'm glad there are people like you that write out a complete whole thought, not just throw out a one liner and make assumptions.

MrT302 4

Why would you take birth control unless you're having sex, you don't just spontaneously get pregnant and it's the release of hormones to stop ovulation and or implantation of ovum in the endometrium of the uterus that causes irregular menstral cycles and " mess up your body"

Uh... I'm not sexually active, I never have been, and I take birth control regularly, because without it I'd be passing out, throwing up, and having severe cramps. I've already had cauterization surgery for endometriosis, and the B/C pills help cut down on the symptoms. BC =/= just pregnancy prevention.

Could be either one, maybe she started taking it for heavy periods? Either way, at least she's trying to be responsible.

Almost as many people take it for lightening and regulating periods as they do for preventing pregnancy... But you're right about the hormones, and how they work. Those hormones behaving that way just does more than prevent pregnancy.

Reversals aren't funny especially when you can't do them properly. =_=

Entity4Infinity 0

Well atleast you know shes being safe for some part of it ... who knows she may be doing it for her period to keep it predictable..not always sex. Plus dont you have to take them the same time everyday? She may just be worried that she didn't.

Cexy 0

Wow That SUCKS Big Time.. But Hey She Is Being Careful

RJB 0

personnaly i THINK she SUCKS big time. IF YAH GET WHAT I MEAN ;-) OOPS CAPS lock..

Would you rather her be unprotected? ): But I understand your reasoning, it should be kept private.

mister_moops 0

he was putting it in perspective. idiot.

stacme 0

I agree with 17. YDI for jumping to conclusions. If a girl misses a pill it doesn't just mean a chance of pregnancy, it can also cause a girl's period to start early and irregularity. Also, I know plenty of girls who are on it for medical reasons that have nothing to do with preventing pregnancy.