By JDziewaltowski - 24/05/2013 07:42 - United States

Today, I was torn from my car and slammed against the hood because a canister of window-cleaning wipes I keep in my glove compartment apparently looks vaguely like a pipe-bomb. My lawyer agreed with the cops, and won't handle the "excessive force" case I threatened the police with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 589
You deserved it 4 418

JDziewaltowski tells us more.

After speaking with the chief of police, the officer who stopped me, and a lawyer, we've all come to the conclusion that yes, it was a case of excessive force. The officer took a split second glance, and "panicked" No I'm not sue happy, I got my apology, even though I could take it to court, win, and "**** the police" I'm not. At the end of the conversation, we even had a laugh at the fact that officer aggression needs a chill pill. Although I did get a pretty decent bruise on my chest/shoulder. No harm done.

Top comments

That sucks for you and you should totally file a complaint. But look at this from a cops point of view: they could either use force or run the risk of it being an actual bomb. Even though it sucks for you they're just trying to be safe.

Comments

Get another lawyer. That much excessive force was uncalled for, especially when it "vaguely" looks like something. That shows they were unsure themselves but decided to use too much force and rip you out the car and throw you into the hood and get things massively wrong. Idiots! Get another lawyer!

I don't need a new lawyer anymore. I got what I wanted, an apology, and a promise for that particular cop to not be as forceful unless there is a need.

It isn't just "Merica" that has this issue. I have friends all over the world, and have heard horror stories about overzealous cops. There are good cops, and bad cops everywhere.

SimonJester 1

Absolutely ridiculous. Unless there is more that you aren't telling, find a better lawyer. This kind of crap cannot be tolerated.

Damn... You really have an asshat of a police there... I got totally pawned for nothing... File a complaint

How Effin stupid I'd be pissed if I was you. I hate cops they have nothing better to do that's why they did that. They get away with too much

It's getting really bad with the cops. You can't do or say anything without cops screwing everything up.

Take them to court, get a court appointed lawyer, he HAS to handle your case.

That's some shitty police men and lawyer.. They've all made wrong. They owe you. Your lawyer should get fired from being a lawyer.