By JDziewaltowski - 24/05/2013 07:42 - United States

Today, I was torn from my car and slammed against the hood because a canister of window-cleaning wipes I keep in my glove compartment apparently looks vaguely like a pipe-bomb. My lawyer agreed with the cops, and won't handle the "excessive force" case I threatened the police with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 589
You deserved it 4 418

JDziewaltowski tells us more.

After speaking with the chief of police, the officer who stopped me, and a lawyer, we've all come to the conclusion that yes, it was a case of excessive force. The officer took a split second glance, and "panicked" No I'm not sue happy, I got my apology, even though I could take it to court, win, and "**** the police" I'm not. At the end of the conversation, we even had a laugh at the fact that officer aggression needs a chill pill. Although I did get a pretty decent bruise on my chest/shoulder. No harm done.

Top comments

That sucks for you and you should totally file a complaint. But look at this from a cops point of view: they could either use force or run the risk of it being an actual bomb. Even though it sucks for you they're just trying to be safe.

Comments

andrealovvve 17

Forget that shitty lawyer and get a new one!

Welcome to the home of the free and land of paranoia...

Pipe bombs are not illegal...and if they were suspected of that being a bomb they would have check it...

I read this wrong at first. I read it as "I got thrown out of the car because the window cleaning wipes somehow combusted and the cops and my lawyer didn't believe me" :(. It made a lot more sense the third time round.

... A lawyer who DOESN'T want an easy case? Bs.

Why were they searching your glove compartment in the first place?

Are you stupid? The police officer was just doing his job! Better you get a little bruise then people die from another bomb!!! Clearly you need to grow a pair and stop being such a pussy!!!

bigwill420 11

Tht sounds like the cope in my city

YDI for being stupid enough to try and sue an officer who was doing their job and keeping the public safe

You obviously didn't see the OP's comment(s) that he posted before you. He clearly stated that he's not suing.

That really sucks. I hope you get things worked out OP. I've had sme bad run ins with the fuzz too so I know how you feel.